Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Mar 12, 2010, 02:58 PM   #1
grfxboy
macrumors newbie

iPad and Clear WiMax antenna

I know they sell the USB adapter for cameras to attach and upload photos to the iPad. Does anyone know for sure if the Clear WiMax antenna will work with the iPad through this adapter?
grfxboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2010, 03:14 PM   #2
GeekLawyer
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by grfxboy View Post
I know they sell the USB adapter for cameras to attach and upload photos to the iPad. Does anyone know for sure if the Clear WiMax antenna will work with the iPad through this adapter?
It won't. The only cellular data options you'd have are either a MiFi or a USB dongle + CradlePoint router. You need something that sets up a wifi network.
GeekLawyer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2010, 03:32 PM   #3
grfxboy
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekLawyer View Post
It won't. The only cellular data options you'd have are either a MiFi or a USB dongle + CradlePoint router. You need something that sets up a wifi network.
I suppose a better question would be will the iPad Camera Connection Kit (USB adapter) recognize other peripherals than just a camera?
grfxboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2010, 03:35 PM   #4
GeekLawyer
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
I suppose a better question would be will the iPad Camera Connection Kit (USB adapter) recognize other peripherals than just a camera?
That's a very good way to phrase that question. Since various peripherals often rely on drivers in order to work, I would guess "no" based on what we know about the iPad. But I could well be wrong.
GeekLawyer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2010, 03:49 PM   #5
kensteele
macrumors newbie

No I seriously doubt that will work. Go with the Overdrive 4G from Sprint.
kensteele is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2010, 04:09 PM   #6
xraydoc
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
I'd pretty much bet money on "No."
But, as stated below, devices like the Sprint/Verizon MiFi will work (via WiFi). Though more expensive per month, you at least can use it for other devices - laptops, iPods, iPhone, etc...
Old Mar 30, 2010, 02:05 AM   #7
DCARSON6930
macrumors newbie

Yes It Can Work If You Purchase The Clear Spot

iF YOU ARE CURRENTLY A SUBSCRIBER OF CLEAR, THEN ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS PURCHASE A CLEAR SPOT DEVICE AND MAKE YOUR CLEAR SERVICE INTO A HOT SPOT. REMEMBER THAT THE CLEAR SPOT CAN POWER 5-8 COMPUTERS AT ONE TIME
DCARSON6930 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2010, 03:53 PM   #8
animekub
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCARSON6930 View Post
iF YOU ARE CURRENTLY A SUBSCRIBER OF CLEAR, THEN ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS PURCHASE A CLEAR SPOT DEVICE AND MAKE YOUR CLEAR SERVICE INTO A HOT SPOT. REMEMBER THAT THE CLEAR SPOT CAN POWER 5-8 COMPUTERS AT ONE TIME
To sum up, buy the "Clear Spot" device, which will turn your WiMax service into a WiFi hotspot that will connect your iPad via WiFi. The Clear Spot cost about $100 I think.
animekub is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories