Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grfxboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
I know they sell the USB adapter for cameras to attach and upload photos to the iPad. Does anyone know for sure if the Clear WiMax antenna will work with the iPad through this adapter?

grfxboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
It won't. The only cellular data options you'd have are either a MiFi or a USB dongle + CradlePoint router. You need something that sets up a wifi network.

I suppose a better question would be will the iPad Camera Connection Kit (USB adapter) recognize other peripherals than just a camera?

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
I know they sell the USB adapter for cameras to attach and upload photos to the iPad. Does anyone know for sure if the Clear WiMax antenna will work with the iPad through this adapter?

I'd pretty much bet money on "No."
But, as stated below, devices like the Sprint/Verizon MiFi will work (via WiFi). Though more expensive per month, you at least can use it for other devices - laptops, iPods, iPhone, etc...

DCARSON6930

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2010
Yes It Can Work If You Purchase The Clear Spot

iF YOU ARE CURRENTLY A SUBSCRIBER OF CLEAR, THEN ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS PURCHASE A CLEAR SPOT DEVICE AND MAKE YOUR CLEAR SERVICE INTO A HOT SPOT. REMEMBER THAT THE CLEAR SPOT CAN POWER 5-8 COMPUTERS AT ONE TIME

animekub

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2010
iF YOU ARE CURRENTLY A SUBSCRIBER OF CLEAR, THEN ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS PURCHASE A CLEAR SPOT DEVICE AND MAKE YOUR CLEAR SERVICE INTO A HOT SPOT. REMEMBER THAT THE CLEAR SPOT CAN POWER 5-8 COMPUTERS AT ONE TIME

To sum up, buy the "Clear Spot" device, which will turn your WiMax service into a WiFi hotspot that will connect your iPad via WiFi. The Clear Spot cost about $100 I think.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.