Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Mar 13, 2010, 10:17 AM   #1
huskermania
macrumors member

How to Reverse iPod Touch or iPhone Application Updates

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has updated one of their favorite applications on either a iPod Touch or iPhone, and then finds out that the update either takes away features, has bugs, or downright makes the app not fun to use anymore. This inspired me to make this video, which details how people can reverse that application update. I hope you guys can find it as useful as I have. The only thing is that you still need to have that app file, which resides in the Trash/ Recycle Bin as soon as you update it. So unfortunately, if you have emptied it already, you probably cannot retrieve it. But with this, at least you will know what to do next time. =D

Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpCRW-z4_Q0

Let me know what your thoughts are on this. I think it can be useful to a lot of people.

Regards,
Alex
huskermania is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2010, 12:01 PM   #2
FSMBP
macrumors 68020

Great video. Actually, its one of the more professional quality videos I've seen demonstrating anything with iTunes/iPhone (I'm so sick of 13 year olds filming off a digital camera/Flip in a low-light setting with their mom yelling in the background).

Very useful!
Old Mar 14, 2010, 07:50 PM   #3
huskermania
macrumors member

Thanks! I just figured that a lot of people run into this every once in a while
huskermania is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting