Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Mar 14, 2010, 08:21 AM   #1
Charliebird
macrumors 6502

Time issues with Windows 7x64 and Snow Leopard

Recently, I Boot Camped my new i5 27" iMac with Windows 7x64. I noticed the time in Win 7 was off by five hours. I corrected the time on Win 7 and then Snow Leopard was off by 5 hours. I set both O/S to autosync and time always shows up correctly in Win 7. In Snow Leopard when I first boot up the system the time is always off by 5 hours however it would correct itself via auto-sync. In Win 7 I've added the HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation\RealTimeIsUniversal registry key. I think it's fixed my issue except for last night where Win 7 was off by an hour. I think this was related to daylight savings because the time is correct again this morning. I know this issue has been covered before however I'm not sure what is the current preferred resolution. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Charliebird; Mar 15, 2010 at 05:55 AM.
Charliebird is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2010, 08:51 PM   #2
MacDawg
macrumors P6

I think you have found the resolution
It has to do with the way Windows and OSX reference time differently
MacDawg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2010, 09:21 PM   #3
Nermal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliebird View Post
I think it's fixed my issue except for last night where Win 7 was off by an hour. I think this was related to daylight savings because the time is correct again this morning.
Yep, that'd be daylight saving causing trouble; the time here on MR was out by an hour for me yesterday too.
Nermal is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac