Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nycbhh

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2009
Since I have to keep 3G disabled with tmobile, is it okay to install 3G Unrestrictor or will it cause some kind of conflict?

Thanks.

pixelated

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2008
Since I have to keep 3G disabled with tmobile, is it okay to install 3G Unrestrictor or will it cause some kind of conflict?

Thanks.

It shouldn't cause any conflict, but without 3G what were you wanting to use with 3G unrestrictor?

pixelated

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2008
It works fine with 2G also.

yeah thought this, but then couldn't think of a single app that I could use successfully over 2G that would be restricted to wi-fi only. I do like the HQ YouTube and without wifi and a computer I would need to get rid of that download cap but the thought of waiting for either to load up on my 2G speeds... :eek:
Anyway, good luck to the OP

nycbhh

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2009
Hi, thanks to both of you for your responses. My main reason for wanting to get it is to download apps and podcasts. I believe that if they are over a certain size you are not normally able to download them unless you are connected to wifi, is that right? Would I be able to use 3G Unrestictor to download these over EDGE? Just want to make sure before I buy it.

Thanks again.

Vandam500

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2008
Hi, thanks to both of you for your responses. My main reason for wanting to get it is to download apps and podcasts. I believe that if they are over a certain size you are not normally able to download them unless you are connected to wifi, is that right? Would I be able to use 3G Unrestictor to download these over EDGE? Just want to make sure before I buy it.

Thanks again.

Yes are you going to be able to download any file with 3G Unrestrictor even if you are on 2G. It will be painfully slow but it will work.

nycbhh

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2009
Cool. Thanks. My experience so far with tmobile EDGE has been surprisingly good. I don't see much of a difference in speed between tmobile's EDGE and the speeds I got over AT&T's 3G so hopefully it won't be too painful :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.