Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Mar 14, 2010, 12:33 PM   #1
nycbhh
macrumors member

Is 3G Unrestrictor safe to use with tmobile?

Since I have to keep 3G disabled with tmobile, is it okay to install 3G Unrestrictor or will it cause some kind of conflict?

Thanks.
nycbhh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2010, 12:53 PM   #2
pixelated
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbhh View Post
Since I have to keep 3G disabled with tmobile, is it okay to install 3G Unrestrictor or will it cause some kind of conflict?

Thanks.
It shouldn't cause any conflict, but without 3G what were you wanting to use with 3G unrestrictor?
pixelated is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2010, 12:53 PM   #3
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

It works fine with 2G also.
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2010, 02:16 PM   #4
pixelated
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejuiced View Post
It works fine with 2G also.
yeah thought this, but then couldn't think of a single app that I could use successfully over 2G that would be restricted to wi-fi only. I do like the HQ YouTube and without wifi and a computer I would need to get rid of that download cap but the thought of waiting for either to load up on my 2G speeds...
Anyway, good luck to the OP
pixelated is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2010, 08:58 AM   #5
nycbhh
macrumors member

Hi, thanks to both of you for your responses. My main reason for wanting to get it is to download apps and podcasts. I believe that if they are over a certain size you are not normally able to download them unless you are connected to wifi, is that right? Would I be able to use 3G Unrestictor to download these over EDGE? Just want to make sure before I buy it.

Thanks again.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 09:04 AM   #6
Vandam500
macrumors 68000

Send a message via MSN to Vandam500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbhh View Post
Hi, thanks to both of you for your responses. My main reason for wanting to get it is to download apps and podcasts. I believe that if they are over a certain size you are not normally able to download them unless you are connected to wifi, is that right? Would I be able to use 3G Unrestictor to download these over EDGE? Just want to make sure before I buy it.

Thanks again.
Yes are you going to be able to download any file with 3G Unrestrictor even if you are on 2G. It will be painfully slow but it will work.
Vandam500 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2010, 10:01 AM   #7
nycbhh
macrumors member

Cool. Thanks. My experience so far with tmobile EDGE has been surprisingly good. I don't see much of a difference in speed between tmobile's EDGE and the speeds I got over AT&T's 3G so hopefully it won't be too painful

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks