Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Axemantitan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 16, 2008
uzLKA.jpg

CristobalHuet

macrumors 65816
Jan 18, 2008
Montreal
1. Everyone knows 1st gen Apple products are the most watered down

2. You and this graph fail: iPhone OS > any mobile OS. I bet you that thing run a ****** version of Windows or something.

3. As evidenced by iPhone 3GS, iDevices don't need excessive processing speed or RAM to run fast. In fact, the iPad is almost TWICE as fast the 3GS, and it can only go higher, especially if multitasking comes into play in 4.0. Oh and Apple A4 > 1 GHz Pentium

4. iPad = flash HD. This POS...SATA?

5. iPad's display > this display

iPad FTW!

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
It's not really about the info in the graphic, it's more about the info not in the graphic. They conveniently left out the HP's a/b/g wireless card, Windows XP Tablet (talk about fail?), battery life (~2.5 hours on the HP), weight (4 lbs), and the fact that comparing a 1 GHz Pentium with a 1 GHz....anything within the past couple years... is not really fair.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Yep. One can. The current 1GHz A4 CPU is not from 2003.
The storage capacity is tit or tat.
And so on.

What is more important, the UI and OS of the iPad are made for touch input. The OS and UI of that HP TC 1100 is not.

And that is what it comes down to. And battery life.

But at least it's thicker. Imagine that what life would be like.

CristobalHuet

macrumors 65816
Jan 18, 2008
Montreal
It's not really about the info in the graphic, it's more about the info not in the graphic. They conveniently left out the HP's a/b/g wireless card, Windows XP Tablet (talk about fail?), battery life (~2.5 hours on the HP), weight (4 lbs), and the fact that comparing a 1 GHz Pentium with a 1 GHz....anything within the past couple years... is not really fair.

/thread.

I hate iPad haters.

Axemantitan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 16, 2008
Whatever!

Will not make me change my mind about getting the iPad. Sorry.

2. You and this graph fail: iPhone OS > any mobile OS. I bet you that thing run a ****** version of Windows or something.

If you two think I am a troll, you are mistaken. I have been a Macintosh user since 1994 and a member of this forum for 2 years (and a lurker for much longer.) I was simply trying to get info to dispute this graphic and you got defensive and took this the wrong way. Sorry, you failed.

MacAttraction

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2006
Again, this GRAPHIC fails its own argument !

1) Difference in design of the product then and now = much thinner and lighter resulting in portability.

2) Difference in price then and now = much more affordable resulting in higher market penetration.

3) Difference in OS = OS much more geared towards touch/stylus (if u choose) then an OS geared towards using keyboard/mice input.

4) App store ..... enough said .... u probably get the idea by now.

So on the flip side (or to others that have intrest in this product) = iPASS and with further iteration as technology progress ...will only get better !!!

CristobalHuet

macrumors 65816
Jan 18, 2008
Montreal
If you two think I am a troll, you are mistaken. I have been a Macintosh user since 1994 and a member of this forum for 2 years (and a lurker for much longer.) I was simply trying to get info to dispute this graphic and you got defensive and took this the wrong way. Sorry, you failed.

The way you came off in your thread title/OP sounded like a troll to me.

With that, sorry about giving you a hard time. ;)

-Ryan-

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Well, the iPad has a headphone jack as well... Just because Apple don't tout it as a button (yes, this picture uses Apples button shot as to referring to the whole device), doesn't mean it isn't there.. :rolleyes:

sectime

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2007
Dispute to whom?? Most people in the medical field know the HP well. It was/is a nice machine, for its designed purpose. Twice as much in 2003 as an Ipad today, refurbs today still twice as much. However another example of specs don't tell the tale.

MrCheeto

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2008
OH, oh this was funny!

Now..now tell them to do another graphic showing Windows 95 11 years behind System 1! Or how Microsoft is JUST NOW adding such tiny details as multiple changing screensavers, a system search bar, file previewing in the file browser, and how they still lack multiple desktops, all of which Linux and MacOS have had for YEARS!!!

The system trash, system dock, menu bar, shortcuts, click and drag and the whole GUI concept...what else have they stolen from Xerox and Apple? Maybe we should check out the lawsuit...the lawsuit that was settled at Microsoft's expense...

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Hey, if you want to go solely on raw specs a $299 Kenwood A/V receiver would destroy a $700 entry level NAD T737 :rolleyes:

Regardless, the iPad has already sold over 120K units before even being released. The HP probably didn't even sell that many during its entire life span so appears you have the fail tag on the wrong product.

racer1441

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2009
I sure can dispute the graphic.

iPad - Works well, cutting edge product, made by a company with a great track record.

HP Device - POS made by a company run by a group of mentally challenged monkeys.

Tomomcd

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2008
Gotta love the biased comparisons here :rolleyes:

There is a good reason why the HP never really took off ;)

Specs do not make a system :p

jeremyblevins

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2010
wait where is the row for the 10 hour battery life? oh wait that'd be a contradiction to your point we can't have that there. :)

-Ryan-

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
There is a good reason why the HP never really took off ;)
To be fair, the HP tablets actually did very well within certain professional environments, which is what they were aimed at. It was just a bit too early for the consumer market, as at the time they were prohibitively expensive for most individuals.

goobot

macrumors 603
Jun 26, 2009
long island NY
it does have a headphone jack

and does it have apps?
or multitouch?

people can only see negatives and take +s for granted. spoiled

MrCheeto

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2008
^
^
^

It's a fact. Windows will always be around as long as fat old cigar-smoking money-grubbing managers don't want to change their systems. They don't want to relearn and they don't want to change ANYTHING! IBM suckered them in in the 70's-90's and that's where they're going to stay.

Loyalty≠Ignorance

Go to an auto-parts store and look at their IBM boxes and try to sell the owner of the company ANYTHING to replace it. The answer is no. It works, it does what it needs, so no, not happening. When the systems finally die after thirty years of inventory managing in a command-line interface, IBM will have fifty systems to match any budget or need ready to ship with Windows NT.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
Where is the spec comparison on:
weight?
thickness?
battery life?

Portability on this type device is a bigger factor than many of these specs.:D

MrCheeto

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2008
These are the secret dark sides nobody wants you to know.

OPERATORS ARE STANDING BY! <':D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.