Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VicFerrari

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 14, 2010
Okay, so I'm getting really frustrated with this whole deal. My phone crashed so I was forced to update my jailbroken iphone to the new 3.1.3 firmware. Everything I've read on all the forums and everything say I should be able to jailbreak it again.

I have an IPhone 3Gs with the 3.1.3 firmware an MB model number and a 359.3 bootrom. From everything I have read I have all the right things to jailbreak but nothing seems to work.

I've tried blackra1n redsn0w and am currently trying sn0wbreeze and nothing works.

Am I missing something?

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
jailbreak with redsn0w using a 3.1.2 ipsw file and you will have a jailbroken 3.1.3 iPhone thats how i did my 3g and had no issues and seems to be the main way to go going off a lot of videos I've seen on youtube, if you need unlocking you will be stuck.... plus sn0wbreeze sucks I tried it once and iTunes doesn't like the ipsw it produces

and you weren't forced to update to 3.1.3 :p you could of shift clicked and pointed to a 3.1.2 3gs ipsw file :p:p

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Okay, so I'm getting really frustrated with this whole deal. My phone crashed so I was forced to update my jailbroken iphone to the new 3.1.3 firmware. Everything I've read on all the forums and everything say I should be able to jailbreak it again.

I have an IPhone 3Gs with the 3.1.3 firmware an MB model number and a 359.3 bootrom. From everything I have read I have all the right things to jailbreak but nothing seems to work.

I've tried blackra1n redsn0w and am currently trying sn0wbreeze and nothing works.

Am I missing something?

He has a 3GS, not 3G

If you restored (or updated) to 3.1.3, you cannot jailbreak or unlock with a 3GS.

Don't know where you would of read that you could ??

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
sorry I forgot about the whole ipsw file signing thing, but if he has 3.1.3 installed on iPhone the 3.1.2 ipsw file with redsn0w would work? I thought MB 3gs devices could?

isn't there a work around for the ipsw signing? thought I seen something about the host file and blocking apple or something

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
sorry I forgot about the whole ipsw file signing thing, but if he has 3.1.3 installed on iPhone the 3.1.2 ipsw file with redsn0w would work? I thought MB 3gs devices could?

Once you have 3.1.3 on a 3GS phone, the USB hack used by redsn0w (and all other jailbreaking tools) is patched. The only way to jailbreak a 3GS on 3.1.3 is to downgrade to 3.1.2, and that can only be done if you have your SHSH saved so you can spoof the signature server.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.