Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Mar 15, 2010, 03:52 PM   #1
kendallsmac
macrumors newbie

How Do I Share My Cricket Broadband Connection on my linksys wireless router

I want to Share My A600 USB Cricket Broadband internet Connection on my linksys wireless router. I have a mac running Leopard.

Last edited by kendallsmac; Mar 15, 2010 at 03:53 PM. Reason: mis spelled
kendallsmac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2010, 06:58 AM   #2
Detrius
macrumors 68000

I'm not explicitly familiar with your situation, but are you saying that the source of your broadband is a USB device? If so, you need an always-on computer effectively to be your router. Assuming this device shows up in your network settings, you can turn on internet sharing and tell your computer to share this connection over ethernet. Connect this to one of the LAN ports on your linksys, and turn OFF the DHCP server on the linksys, as your host computer will become your DHCP server and router. The linksys will only be a switch/bridge.
Detrius is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2010, 03:29 PM   #3
velocityg4
macrumors 68040

I guess you are trying to share your access from a cellular broadband connection. You may want to find out if connection sharing is allowed in your service agreement.

Though unless you are out in the country where other services are available. Why don't you go for a likely cheaper and faster land connection with a higher data usage cap?

Otherwise Detrius' suggestion should work.
velocityg4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2010, 11:56 AM   #4
mikes63737
macrumors 65816

If I understand it, you are trying to do this:

Internet --> USB Modem Stick --> Router --> Mac(s)

This would probably be the best solution. It would replace your Linksys router. These devices are designed specifically for what you are trying to do.

This is a similar product, but it doesn't have any wired ethernet ports.

Netgear also makes a wireless router with a USB port for a 3G modem but I haven't heard great things about that one. Here is the link to the Netgear one, but I personally wouldn't buy it.
mikes63737 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2010, 03:17 AM   #5
HaydenHarnet
macrumors newbie

I think CradlePoint would be the best solution , It works great with me , the best part that it is compatible with all devices laptops phones xbox etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikes63737 View Post
If I understand it, you are trying to do this:

Internet --> USB Modem Stick --> Router --> Mac(s)

This would probably be the best solution. It would replace your Linksys router. These devices are designed specifically for what you are trying to do.

This is a similar product with ethernet ports ,linksys e2000 review.

Netgear also makes a wireless router with a USB port for a 3G modem but I haven't heard things about that one.
Here is the link to the Netgear one, but I personally wouldn't buy it.
HaydenHarnet is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking