Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SpookTheHamster

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 7, 2004
London
I always thought there was a thread for this but I couldn't find it.

Those of you who use your Mac for work, post some up!

A quick description would be good too.

I'll start us off with a render of my dissertation project, a custom steering wheel for a Formula SAE car. CAN linked for displays and controls, carbon body, weight ~530g.

Drawn up in Solidworks 2009 on my MBP and rendered in Photoworks. I normally prefer to use NX for my CAD needs but the IMechE provides all Formula SAE teams with free copies of Solidworks, so that's what our team uses.

Attachments

• final blue.jpg
    final blue.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 236

VPrime

macrumors 68000
Dec 19, 2008
London Ontario
Here is a 3D model I am working on for an iPhone game (only have a few animations left, just never got around to finishing). Modeled in 3d Studio max 2010.
Supposed to be a stylized/cartoonyish spy.. Inspector gadget meets spy vs spy.
completed.jpg

CompletedSpy.jpg

Here is a walking animation test. I didn't dot he animation, it is a license free mocap. I used it as a base to make my own animation.:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrMxOfEDa4c

SpookTheHamster

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 7, 2004
London
@ Spookthehamster, thats really good, just the carbon fibre mat needs slightly more sheen

Thanks. I'm not too worried about the render though. It's an engineering project to design/build the wheel, so the render was just a bit of fun when I finished.

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
Amazing idea for a thread.

adamchase: I couldn't tell if those pics were photographs or CAD...excellent job.

Everyone else, your stuff was great too. Post more!!

andalusia

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2009
Manchester, UK
Is all this 3D work really easy... or are the people posting in this thread absolutely amazing? Either way, nice work everybody! Especially that library!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.