Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Mar 18, 2010, 03:02 PM   #1
moviecouple
macrumors regular

Is the bottom connector on the iPad the same as the iPhone?

Just curious if the bottom connector on the iPad is the same as the one on the iPhone? Wanted to know if I can use my external power packs on the iPad for that time when I need a short recharge.
moviecouple is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2010, 03:09 PM   #2
goobot
macrumors 68040

yes tho i pretty sure like every other apple thing you need to buy a new one for it to work with the ipad.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 11:58 PM   #3
aerospace
macrumors 6502a

Anyone know that ipad's battery size? I didn't see it in the specs on apple.com.
aerospace is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2010, 12:19 AM   #4
abijnk
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to abijnk
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerospace View Post
Anyone know that ipad's battery size? I didn't see it in the specs on apple.com.
It's the first bullet under Battery and Power...
Old Mar 20, 2010, 02:32 AM   #5
xraydoc
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by goobot View Post
yes tho i pretty sure like every other apple thing you need to buy a new one for it to work with the ipad.
The Steve said during his presentation that it used the Apple 30 pin connector to "tap into the whole existing ecosystem of accessories."

I'll assume that means many will work without modification - presuming they'll accomodate the iPad's physical size. Things like audio/video cables, speaker docks, battery packs, etc. Though I wouldn't expect a little iPod battery pack to provide much juice for something of the iPad's size.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 04:37 AM   #6
4DThinker
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviecouple View Post
Just curious if the bottom connector on the iPad is the same as the one on the iPhone? Wanted to know if I can use my external power packs on the iPad for that time when I need a short recharge.
The iPad comes with a 10 watt AC>USB power adapter. The connector is the same, but you'll have to compare power specs on your power packs to know if they'll work.
Quote:
∙ Built-in 25-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery
∙ Charging via power adapter or USB to computer system

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad