Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion

Old Mar 19, 2010, 10:22 PM   #1
Apple Genius
macrumors member

What exactly IS in the AppleCare Technician Training???

A more appropriate question might be: "What do I get for $300 and where can I find it cheaper!?"

From where I stand, it costs $600 to become an ACMT because you need all these:

AppleCare Technician Training $299.
Apple Macintosh Service Exam $150
Mac OS X v10.6 Troubleshooting Exam $150

But if you knew the correct answers to the exams, you wouldn't need the AppleCare training and it would only cost you $300. So now the question has evolved to something like "Where do you get the information to pass the exams without paying Apple $300?"
Old Mar 19, 2010, 10:28 PM   #2
Sky Blue

Buy these books:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/032...cm_rdp_product
http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Training...9055684&sr=1-1
Sky Blue is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2010, 05:46 AM   #3
maflynn

I'm guessing the training will instruct you on stuff that isn't found in a test. Of all the technical training I've taken, only a subset was ever on an exam (sometimes a large subset but a subset nonetheless)
Old Apr 10, 2010, 12:19 PM   #4
Apple Genius
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maflynn View Post
I'm guessing the training will instruct you on stuff that isn't found in a test. Of all the technical training I've taken, only a subset was ever on an exam (sometimes a large subset but a subset nonetheless)
Is there anything on the test outside of normal repair that might throw me for a curveball, such as "What is the Terminal command to change a folder's flags?" or is it basic stuff like "Will a 45w iBook charger work with a PowerBook?"
Are the questions mostly multiple choice?

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion