Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

.md

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 22, 2009
EVERYWHERE.
I finally got my iMac, last Wednesday. I thought I'd just share it with you guys. I know I have barely been active on here, but I'm planning on starting to though. Anyways, here it is.

Specifications:
2.8GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x2GB
1TB Serial ATA Drive
ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB
8x double-layer SuperDrive
Apple Magic Mouse
Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad (English) and User's Guide.
Note: I also brought "Aperture" and iWork for it as well, I got discounts since I'm a student, I got them on Friday.

Here are some images;

img0129oy.jpg
img0127.jpg

img0109gk.jpg
img0097rc.jpg

MrCheeto

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2008
:eek:

No matter how many times I see them, they're just wonderful. It's about time Apple went to putting super-computer power back into the iMac. Since the Intel iMacs, we've been stuck with mobile hardware, and the Mac Pro has been lightyears from the iMac in power. Now the iMacs are truly an option for people that need the power of a Mac Pro but on a budget and in need of the form factor.

I'm sorry, but the iMac has GOT to be the greatest value in computing...anywhere. You get a mind-meltingly gorgeous display wrapped around a low-end Mac Pro for less than the price of the entry level Mac Pro.

Add the price of the Mac Pro, or a Dell with similar power, to an Apple display, or another display of similar quality, and they bound before the iMac in cost. Yet, either way, you won't get the beauty, elegance and compactness of the iMac ;)

.md

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 22, 2009
EVERYWHERE.
I'm sorry, but the iMac has GOT to be the greatest value in computing...anywhere. You get a mind-meltingly gorgeous display wrapped around a low-end Mac Pro for less than the price of the entry level Mac Pro.

agreed, I was going to get the Mac Pro, but it costed way too much, without a monitor too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.