Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Mar 21, 2010, 12:07 PM   #1
Quasiperfectto
macrumors member

Recording vocals over karaoke tracks using garageband

I have been looking all over the place on the internet, including youtube in how to use garageband to record my singing voice over karaoke instrumental tracks to do a final recording. I have the mic and the interface. Any internet link i've missed? Any information out there? I really appreciate your reply. Thanks!
Quasiperfectto is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2010, 02:34 PM   #2
jackerin
macrumors 6502a

Once you're familiar with Garageband it should be fairly easy to figure out how to do something like that, which is why there is no tutorial for that specific purpose, I guess.

Drag the MP3 onto Garageband and it will make a new track with that. Then make a new real instrument track with the input set to be your mic, then press record (make sure that only the vocal track is armed for recording).
jackerin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2010, 04:39 PM   #3
Quasiperfectto
macrumors member

Thanks, I'll try to figure it out
Quasiperfectto is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2012, 03:44 PM   #4
(L)SD
macrumors newbie

GB Karaoke - vocals out of sync

I'm just now playing around with GB. I dropped in a karaoke track easily enough, my USB mic is working, I'm singing along, listening on speakers. When I play it back, my vocal tracks is several seconds off..?! Anybody else have this problem?
(L)SD is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2012, 03:55 PM   #5
teknikal90
macrumors 68000

firstly, listen to the track on headphones and record so that way you have a pure vocal track and pure background track.
secondly, make sure your mac isn't 'maxed out'..close all other apps
Old Mar 3, 2012, 03:59 PM   #6
(L)SD
macrumors newbie

GB Karaoke - vocals out of sync, Pt 2

Just figured it out! Went to Preferences>Audio/Midi>audio Output> changed to System Settings, instead of the default which was "built in output". Thanks, tho.
(L)SD is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store