Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Quasiperfectto

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2009
I have been looking all over the place on the internet, including youtube in how to use garageband to record my singing voice over karaoke instrumental tracks to do a final recording. I have the mic and the interface. Any internet link i've missed? Any information out there? I really appreciate your reply. Thanks!

jackerin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2008
Finland
Once you're familiar with Garageband it should be fairly easy to figure out how to do something like that, which is why there is no tutorial for that specific purpose, I guess.

Drag the MP3 onto Garageband and it will make a new track with that. Then make a new real instrument track with the input set to be your mic, then press record (make sure that only the vocal track is armed for recording).

(L)SD

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2010
Texas
GB Karaoke - vocals out of sync

I'm just now playing around with GB. I dropped in a karaoke track easily enough, my USB mic is working, I'm singing along, listening on speakers. When I play it back, my vocal tracks is several seconds off..?! Anybody else have this problem? :confused:

teknikal90

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2008
Vancouver, BC
firstly, listen to the track on headphones and record so that way you have a pure vocal track and pure background track.
secondly, make sure your mac isn't 'maxed out'..close all other apps

(L)SD

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2010
Texas
GB Karaoke - vocals out of sync, Pt 2

Just figured it out! Went to Preferences>Audio/Midi>audio Output> changed to System Settings, instead of the default which was "built in output". Thanks, tho.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.