Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JonD25

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
I always use my iPhone to listen to music on my way to work. When I get there, I pause whatever song is playing. After my full 8 hour day, I come back and want to start listening where I left off. Sometimes, it's no problem. The song is waiting there exactly where I paused. But a lot of times, it doesn't remember where in the song I paused it and instead starts from the beginning of the song. And a lot of other times, probably more than the previous, it doesn't even remember which track it was on and instead starts at the beginning of the entire album. This is really annoying and happens ALL THE TIME. Anyone else have this problem? Know a fix?

metalhead777

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2010
California
I always use my iPhone to listen to music on my way to work. When I get there, I pause whatever song is playing. After my full 8 hour day, I come back and want to start listening where I left off. Sometimes, it's no problem. The song is waiting there exactly where I paused. But a lot of times, it doesn't remember where in the song I paused it and instead starts from the beginning of the song. And a lot of other times, probably more than the previous, it doesn't even remember which track it was on and instead starts at the beginning of the entire album. This is really annoying and happens ALL THE TIME. Anyone else have this problem? Know a fix?

Could you specify your iPhone please? Generation, how long you've had it, is it under warranty? I don't know why you would want to listen to where you left off, I'd rather start the song over, but that's just me. :) I would say take it into an Apple Store and see if they could fix it. :D :apple:

JonD25

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Could you specify your iPhone please? Generation, how long you've had it, is it under warranty? I don't know why you would want to listen to where you left off, I'd rather start the song over, but that's just me. :) I would say take it into an Apple Store and see if they could fix it. :D :apple:

That info is in my signature. OS is up to date. It's not under warrenty since it's over a year old. And i never used to have this problem. More often it starts the entire album over, not just the song. This is really annoying especially if I'm new to the album and don't remember what track I left off of.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.