Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Jul 10, 2014, 02:01 AM   #1
superscape
macrumors regular

Adobe Bridge Caching

Hi there,

I've got a folder full of 'stuff' that I'd like to cache in Adobe Bridge so, for example, I can search for files by metadata quickly. There are a number of subfolders (one per 'job'), each of which has the same folder structure (see attached pic).

I only actually need to be able to search what's in the 'Proofs' folder of search job folder. I don't want to cache anything else - mainly because there are so many other files that caching *everything* would be excessively time consuming.

Is there a way of preventing caching of anything that's not in the 'Proofs' folder(s)?

Any suggestions appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-07-10 at 07.58.10.png
Views:	18
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	480083  
superscape is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2014, 07:57 AM   #2
Baklava
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by superscape View Post
Is there a way of preventing caching of anything that's not in the 'Proofs' folder(s)?
Unfortunately Bridge doesn't offer such a feature.There is surely a workaround with the help of Smart Folders. You could create a Smart Folder via Finder containing just Folders called Proof and use Bridge just for that particular Smart Folder. But you would have to run a second instance of Bridge to be able to browse other Folders while not creating any cache files. After all that would be too complicated so you have to live with your cache files.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics