Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Apr 4, 2012, 06:16 PM   #51
rbasra
macrumors newbie

The local printer youre looking for is right here =)

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to introduce myself - my name is Rajeev Basra, I currently manage Vick Copy in Berkeley, CA. If you have any questions about printing business cards, vinyl banners, flyers, t-shirts, or any other printing product, I would love to assist you.

I can be reached at (510) 367-8869 or email rbasra@vickcopy.com
The new iPad - 32 GB - White
rbasra is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2012, 02:38 PM   #52
graphicsward
macrumors member

i gotta say moo too.

i don't know about the 'best' but moo is great, i use the mini cards and have gotten everything from postcards to green and the deluxe for my clients and everything has been perfect. Mini cards are great, stiff easy to carry with the case and draw lots of comments and attention.
graphicsward is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 08:44 AM   #53
steveash
macrumors 6502

Vistaprint are very cheap and the quality matches the price point.

I recently ordered the premium Moo cards. They're not bad but could be better. They were guillotined from the back giving a burr on the front face. They were also not allowed to dry quickly enough so the ink from the back has left a slight mark on the front of most cards. After tax and delivery they were a similar price to my local printer.
steveash is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 06:07 PM   #54
Kaivon7
macrumors newbie

Printing Service!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aperture View Post
I'm looking to get some nice, quality business cards printed. I've looked at Mpix, WHCC, and OvernightPrints but they all seemed to have mixed reviews. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
If anybody is looking for some top quality business cards please let me know. You can email me at kaivontalai@yahoo.com. My business partner runs a Printing Shop in San Francisco. But we can ship nation wide. We will work with you in creating you business cards and wont ship anything untill you approved the final Proof of the cards. Once again you email or even go to our website copymat3.com

If you go through the website just send them an email and they should follow up with you ASAP.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Kaivon
Kaivon7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2013, 12:36 AM   #55
ChrisA
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenntaylor View Post
Vista Print has done me well -- I've ordered both b&w and color cards from them, and the color fidelity is great--same as what I see in Photoshop.
One more vote for Vista print. I use their "'free" cards. Just pay shipping for a box of 250. Their free cards are nice too, I have a color photo as a background and all the printing I need. PPeole comment that they look good. an you can't beat "free"
ChrisA is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2013, 09:10 AM   #56
JGowan
macrumors 68000

Beware of vistaprints

I got totally robbed by Vistaprints, people. I got my cards and all was well until I noticed many months later (more than 12) that a fee of around $14.99 was being billed every single month. I found out through phone calls that it all began when I did Vistaprint cards. I was told that I had checked a box that allowed them to do this. I was furious and demanded that every single dollar be put back on my card or I would sue. The guy sounded understood I meant business and assured me that every dollar would be put back and it was.

Google: "vistaprint scams" and you will see that they are not to be trusted!
Old Jun 5, 2013, 04:51 PM   #57
JasonElise1983
macrumors 6502a

Moxy Ox. I've been using them pretty exclusively lately for posters and things. Very high quality.

http://www.print.moxyox.com
Old Jun 29, 2013, 07:04 AM   #58
maryacott
macrumors newbie

Five Best Business Card Printing Sites ever I seen.
1 Moo
2 GotPrint
3 VistaPrint
4 JukeBox
5 OvernightPrints.com
maryacott is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2013, 11:44 AM   #59
JayRedliner
macrumors newbie

Print100.com

Awesome quality, best prices. Been using them for years.
JayRedliner is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2013, 03:02 PM   #60
smithydan
macrumors member

Who does foil, die-cutting, wax, and plastic(semi-transparent) business cards?
smithydan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2013, 02:03 PM   #61
BrentD
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithydan View Post
Who does foil, die-cutting, wax, and plastic(semi-transparent) business cards?
4over.com does frosted and transparent cards. Never done those with them, but have done a whole variety of other products from them always with great luck.

Side note: Geez there's a ton of spam in this thread!
BrentD is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2013, 12:12 PM   #62
bswanson1000
macrumors newbie

If you're looking for some for cheap with a twist, I've used http://www.t-rexcards.com in the past and they are pretty good. Not a lot of the bells and whistles but cheap cards and quality with fast shipping.
bswanson1000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2014, 01:27 PM   #63
TheOhioWordguy
macrumors newbie

Ask the right questions...

Even though I've been in publishing for a long time, I only began buying print about 10 years ago.

What I have learned is this: The question to ask a printer is not, "Can you do this?" it's, "What do you specialize in?"

You'll find that virtually every printer will say they can do your job, but many will job it out themselves. This is particularly true with smaller local printers. So, while many people want/try to "shop local," what they may not realize is that their "local" printer is jobbing out their project. I'm not saying that's wrong, only trying to educate.

That being said if you are a designer/reseller doing print projects for profit, you will probably have a hard time making money on the print component working through local print shops. You are their competition.

A great trade-only resource for biz cards and a variety of other projects is ZooPrinting.com. They require registration, and it's best to use Zoo when you have projects that fall within their standard choices, but they have grown considerably, and have a huge array of product choices.

You will have a very hard time beating their prices and turnaround times, and they now have three production facilities across the USA, so shipping is very reasonable.

Hope that helps!
TheOhioWordguy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2014, 03:18 PM   #64
24hrpizza
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose View Post
I have been sorely disappointed with VistaPrint. My former boss insisted on suing them and the cards were shameful to give out.

I've used OverNightPrints lots of times, and know several other designers who have also, and never a lick of trouble.
your boss sued Vista print?!
24hrpizza is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2014, 02:04 AM   #65
designerangie
macrumors newbie

Quote:
I'm looking to get some nice, quality business cards printed. I've looked at Mpix, WHCC, and OvernightPrints but they all seemed to have mixed reviews. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
I like this site http://lithocafe.com good price and good quality offset printing. They now have Digital for lower quanities.

I ordered my business cards, and I had problems working with the template. I called their support, and they helped me get the file correct and It went without a hitch.

Great Guys

Angie
designerangie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2014, 02:43 AM   #66
designerangie
macrumors newbie

Quote:

Thanks
Another good one is http://theprintsupplier.com I heard Moo is good too.
designerangie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2014, 03:46 AM   #67
chrisrosemusic1
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via MSN to chrisrosemusic1
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireball370 View Post
also check out vistaprint.com

Good luck!
I second these - I've been using them for my business for over 6 years. Unbeatable prices, fantastic quality and insanely quick delivery if you're willing to pay for expedited services.

Thoroughly recommend them and you'll get some great deals as a new customer.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hrpizza View Post
your boss sued Vista print?!
lol I bet he didn't win if he did.

I've found them flawless through lots and lots of orders. I would only believe the original upload or design was flawed as nothing is proof read and is printed as seen.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 09:25 AM   #68
CLUBSTRIKER
macrumors newbie

Low Cost Printer with Excellent Quality Every time

I like the guys at http://lithocafe.com

Check out their business cards

http://lithocafe.com/shop/Business_Cards

They are very responsive and provide great help with your size and PSD set up. Im not a very good graphic artist so it definitely helped having them. They have product templates so you can use to build your business cards, post cards etc..

Chow,

m
CLUBSTRIKER is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2014, 05:29 AM   #69
kaironwilliam12
macrumors newbie

Discount Business Card Printer

One year ago I had taken the business card printing service from West End Imaging. You can get all kinds of printing service from this company. I am appreciated for this business card printing service from my friends. The services of this company are very high quality and the prices are very low. I am very satisfied with its service.
kaironwilliam12 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics