Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stoster38

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
North Hollywood
How early are you getting there?

Since the Apple Store will be opening early at 9am what time are you thinking of getting there to line up? When I went to the iPhone 3g launch I go there between 6:30am and 7am. There were already 30 to 40 people ahead of me.

Do you think the iPad will draw similar crowds since you can have it delivered to your home? I'm thinking of arriving between 7:30am and 8am. I'm hoping that with the delivery option there won't be as many people lined up.

What do you all think?

andrewb21

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2010
Los Angeles
Going to be a little crazy and get there at 6:30, I'm not so much worried about not getting one if I showed up later, but I'd rather spend most of my day at home with my iPad than standing in line waiting.

For 3GS I got there at 5am, there were 10 or so people already there, and by the time I was walking out of the store at 9:30-9:45 the line behind me had grown to 100 people, if not more.

stoster38

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
North Hollywood
I got here about 7. There were about 15 people already here. Not too bad. We're outside the mall so right now walk ins & people who reserved are waiting together. I'm assuming that once we get into the mall they will separate the lines

stoster38

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
North Hollywood
Inside the mall now and they split the line to separate reservations from walk-ins. So I'm like seventh in the reservation line!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.