Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Mar 23, 2010, 07:44 AM   #1
Night Spring
macrumors G3

Sleeve for Apple bluetooth keyboard?

I have an Apple bluetooth keyboard that came with the iMac, but it's been sitting unused since we are using a full-sized USB keyboard with the iMac. I plan to use this bluetooth keyboard with my iPad when it comes. I already have a few bags that are the right size to hold the iPad and the keyboard, but I want a sleeve for the keyboard so it doesn't bump with the iPad. (I don't want a sleeve for the iPad, as I'd like to be able to just slip it out of the bag to use.) Has anybody seen any sleeves for the keyboard?
Night Spring is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2010, 08:24 AM   #2
musicpenguy
macrumors 6502a

YES! - Waterfield Design makes a great case for the keyboards - sfbags.com - I've got the case for the current keyboard and the old plastic BT keyboard - they are both fantastic and top rate - highly recommended.

I buy all my cases and bags there if they make something that fits my needs.

Tim
Old Mar 23, 2010, 10:14 AM   #3
anthonymoody
macrumors 65816

I like those SF cases though I'm not excited about another 5-7 ounces of weight. i wonder...with the BT keyboard really need a case? Honest question.

Other than the aluminum getting a little scratched and possible nicked, what other damage might come from tossing it into say a messenger bag otherwise unprotected?
Old Mar 23, 2010, 10:31 AM   #4
Night Spring
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymoody View Post
I like those SF cases though I'm not excited about another 5-7 ounces of weight. i wonder...with the BT keyboard really need a case? Honest question.

Other than the aluminum getting a little scratched and possible nicked, what other damage might come from tossing it into say a messenger bag otherwise unprotected?
I'm not worried about the keyboard getting damaged, I don't want the keyboard to scratch up the iPad!

I'm also just a bit paranoid about the keys catching against other stuff in my bag -- I'll also have my wallet, eyeglass case, documents with staples and paper clips on them, etc. in my bag.

Hmmmm, reading that, maybe what I need is a three compoent bag?
Old Mar 23, 2010, 10:50 AM   #5
4DThinker
macrumors 68020

Consider wrapping a piece of stiff cardboard with a little padding, then slipping it between the keyboard and iPad. Use any case you want that has room for both.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 10:53 AM   #6
Night Spring
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DThinker View Post
Consider wrapping a piece of stiff cardboard with a little padding, then slipping it between the keyboard and iPad. Use any case you want that has room for both.
Great idea, thanks!
Old Mar 23, 2010, 10:58 AM   #7
applesupergeek
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfredgina View Post
The three component bag would be a much better idea.
For sure.
applesupergeek is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2010, 11:18 AM   #8
anthonymoody
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfredgina View Post
The three component bag would be a much better idea.
Yeah - my iPad will be in its own sleeve, a standalone model to start, and ultimately probably one built into a bag I get down the road. So the iPad itself will have its own protection from the keyboard and everything else.

Then, just slip the keyboard into a separate pocket...

Oops - meant to multi-quote Night Springs comment saying he was worried about damaging the iPad moreso than the keyboard...
Old Jul 26, 2011, 01:15 PM   #9
benmrii
macrumors 65816

Bit late to the party, but thank you for the sfbags.com suggestion. Been looking for a sleeve for my keyboard and came across this thread. Worth the bump for anyone else interested...
benmrii is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2011, 07:19 AM   #10
Quintus
macrumors newbie

Now this is a nice case! Looking to use it with my HP TouchPad BT keyboard as the specs seem pretty darn close to Apple's keyboard. Came across this thread and thought I would update it with this link.

http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/ACC/TB035KEY
Quintus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2011, 11:46 PM   #11
lego batman
macrumors newbie

I have a friend who keeps his BT keyboard in the box when she is on the move and it looks a bit awkward since the box is pretty beaten up. I might have to pick one up for her but that means we would have to stop making fun of her :-P
lego batman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2011, 12:59 AM   #12
SchneiderMan
macrumors 604

For anyone who is still looking, I have to go with WaterField too.

Thumb resize.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 01:03 AM   #13
Ice-Cube
macrumors 6502a

I'm using the origami workstation from Incase. Its great and adapts as a stand to place the iPad too.

Link: http://www.goincase.com/products/det...tion-cl57934/1
Old Aug 23, 2011, 03:11 PM   #14
MacJames8
macrumors newbie

Here are cases that are designed to keep and hold both iPad and Apple Wireless Keyboard:

Folio Case for Apple iPad 2, with Viewing Stand and Pocket for Apple Wireless Keyboard

Laminated Canvas Case for Apple iPad 2, with Viewing Stand and Pocket for Apple Wireless Keyboard Red
Old Aug 23, 2011, 03:20 PM   #15
palpatine
macrumors 68040

incase origami workstation. very compact, low-profile, inexpensive, and perfect for a road warrior. all of it fits comfortably into a man purse, and because it is separate from the ipad, you can always pull out the ipad and use it as an ereader alone. it is the perfect accessory
palpatine is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2011, 03:25 PM   #16
jmacnash
macrumors newbie

Tom Bihn makes a good Keyboard only case as well.
jmacnash is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2011, 10:12 PM   #17
IrishVixen
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice-Cube View Post
I'm using the origami workstation from Incase. Its great and adapts as a stand to place the iPad too.

Link: http://www.goincase.com/products/det...tion-cl57934/1
This is one of the most brilliant accessories I've bought for the iPad. I had a $10 or so sleeve I bought for the keyboard from eBay last year, but the Origami enhances the usability of both iPad and keyboard together. Well worth the $30 price tag at BestBuy.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 01:12 PM   #18
jennyfer
macrumors member

Another vote for the Origami workstation. I just used mine this morning. You can use with your ipad in a case (or not) and it's been one of the best accessories I've ever purchased. Big thumbs up!
jennyfer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2011, 01:42 PM   #19
RossMc
macrumors 65816

I agree with the Incase Origami it looks good, Going to pick one up next time I'm over the Apple Store.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories