Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michael31986

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
ok i have a song that everytime i play it on my ipod at the 2 min and 15 second mark it skips to the next song. so i tried to play the song on my itunes and see if it also skipped. it doesn't, which makes me believe the song isn't corrupt. so i then thought to myself maybe it was transferred wrong, but i re transfered it and it still skips to the next song at the same part. i even plugged my iPod into my itunes and played it through the iPod on my computer and it plays through.

Only place it skips is if it play it on my actual iPod. i restarted the ipod and it still does it. I am wondering if it could just be my iPod? it doesn't do it to any other songs that i know of. Also if it is the iPod and not the actual songs. if i transfer my songs from the iPod to my computer they should all be fine right?

sorry if this sounds confusing!

my iPod is almost 3 yrs old. its the old 160gb, and the battery is shot on it already. What you think it is?

michael31986

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Yes I deleted nd then retransfered it. The same song plays on my nano fine. It's a Justin beiber song that a friend bought on iTunes so it's not like it's authorized. I don't get it.

It must be my iPod. I played a song just a min ago and it started skipping at the end then I replayed it and it played fine no skipping at the end. And the same song that stopped playing plays fine on my nano. Same file. So I dontget it.

michael31986

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Does that mean if I copy songs back from iPod to my comuter and transfer it to a new iPod that they will play corrupted on another iPod? What I dontget is why all my songs that I put on iPod work great except for on or two randomly. And I rtransfer it so wth. If it was HD why would it keep picking same song.

erch63

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2007
Weird the same thing happens to me...

For me it is Kings of Leon on my iphone. Only song that ever does that. At least I am not alone.

erch63

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2007
Ooh. How have u triEd to fix it? Is it a song u bought on iTunes?

I really haven't yet. I will try to take the song of and reload it, but it is just one song out of a 1000 so I never really thought much about it. I will try it when i get home and check back. I did buy the song from itunes BTW.

michael31986

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
I just don get how my nano plays it full and iPod classic doesn't. Th song can't be corrupt if it plays on iTunes. I just hope if I transfer all my songs from my iPod to a new classic that they will play fine there but I'm not sure how that works in terms of hds.

michael31986

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
If it is harddrive failing. If I copy songs to my computer to put onto anothr iPod will some songs be corrupt or something or no? I'm so scared.

michael31986

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
so i restored my ipod and put the same song back on and it still skips around same spot. someone told me it can be a problem with the ipod accessing the hd and it buffering or something. either way i went ahead and purchased the song myself on itunes and dragged it and now it plays in full, but the one that skipped was purchased by someone else so either way both were itunes purchased drm free files. and like i said earlier the song plays fine on itunes, nano and through my ipod classic on my itunes, so its wierd how just on the classic itself it skipped.

Jayyy

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2010
Virginia
Have the same problem with one song on mine but I just delted the sing completly off iPod iTunes a hard drive redownloaded it and it works
fine.

michael31986

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
I Tried that originally but it still skipped and it was a purchased song. Mind u I didn't purchase it but still

michael31986

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
if someone could help me out by putting the file on their ipod and seeing if it plays in full i would be very happy. i just don't seem to get how a song can't be accessed right by an ipod. i wanna make sure its the ipod and not the file. i already tried my nano and it plays on itunes, but idk if thats enough. if someone could try it on an older classic or something and let me know what happens. thank you so much

http://www.mediafire.com/?ngyw1wmkmqv

michael31986

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
ok so here is an update. i decided to try the song on my friends 3rd generation nano and conclusion is it also skips on there at the same mark.

i am SO ****ING CONFUSED! lol maybe the old ipods just can't play it correctly?

i mean the 160gb classic and 3rd generation ipod nano came out same yr maybe its something with those ipods, cause it still plays on my 5th generation ipod nano and on itunes. its all very confusing.

BallerBoy

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2010
It's weird and annoying. I have a new iPod Touch 3rd gen and it is doing the exact same things to my songs as it is to yours. Not even halfway through, at the 12 second mark it changed song.

The songs play fine in iTunes. The songs are from legit CD's and have no scratches. They just skip on my ipod.

I have a feeling it's something to do with the software of itunes when it synces to the pod. it musn't complete a full sync or something. cos no one has an answer to fix this.

Gajtani

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2010
I had the same issue, through alot of searching, I found out that the problem was the song itself. I downloaded a program to fix the song and it worked perfectly, only problem is I don't remember what that program was called. :(:p

tmlesinski

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2012
Same Problem

I am having the same shortened song problem. I noted 5 songs that stopped and skipped on my 6th gen. nano, and they also skip on my itunes, 4 of the songs at 2:56. How weird is that? All of these songs were purchased on iTunes. I do not want to repurchase all of the songs that skip, as I have hundreds that skip. I'll keep checking and trying other solutions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.