Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Mar 24, 2010, 04:13 AM   #1
peterkirring
macrumors newbie

F2 key in PC Excel missing in Excel for Mac?

Recently switched from PC to Mac, I really miss the F2 functionality in Excel for Mac

Or, more specifically , I am missing the possibility to place the cursor in a cell and hit F2 to edit the formula as well as Excel color-coding all cells that are referred to from the current cell.

I know I can do the same by clicking in the "formula builder toolbar" but I don't wan't to have to reach for the mouse each time... does anyone know if Excel for Mac has a similar feature / keystroke to use?

Help much appreciated (and sorry for being slightly oft topic (but I guess this forum comes closest))
peterkirring is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2010, 05:07 AM   #2
seb-opp
macrumors 6502

You haven't specified this, but if you're asking 'can I use F keys normally', press Fn and F2

If that's not the question and you already knew that, Sorry! I don't use Excel so can't help any further!
Old Mar 24, 2010, 05:18 AM   #3
peterkirring
macrumors newbie

Thanks for replying!
Doesn't work for me - guess it may be because I use a PC keyboard then (?)

...God, it would be easier to love a Mac if Apple wasn't so damned proprietary!
peterkirring is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac