Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
My girlfriend has been trying like a mad nut to get me to play it. My attention span for these kind of things drops after an hour so I doubt I could play.

steve2112

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2009
East of Lyra, Northwest of Pegasus
I started playing about 20 years ago, with 1st ed. I haven't found a group around here since I moved a couple of years ago, so I haven't been playing lately. I haven't touched 4th ed. I do like 3rd/3.5 ed, though.

A good pen n' paper RPG will always be better to me than a computer RPG. CRPGs never measure up to my imagination. If you are a GM, you never know what your players are going to pull off. CRPGS don't do that.

Gonzo3333

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2009
Chicago, IL
I work with a few people who do some LARPing. They are weird and entertaining at the same time. It is fun to watch them argue about the rules on Monday's after they played all weekend long.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Here's another poll!

Does anyone still live in their mommy's basement?

I love it!

Is that still around? I played while in Jr. High but it was a short lived relationship between myself and the game. I realized I'd never get a piece of ass if I continued to play. That and I like the sunlight.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Back when I was a teenager - I can't say that I've touched it since.

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
Not played it since the mid-80s. It was fun for a while, but you grow out of it you know?

I still remember the names from bits of it though. I had a "magic user" character named Marcus from Keoland :)

pooky

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2003
I played a few times. And FYI, it never stopped me from getting laid. ;)

You're a female... it probably helped :)

That being said, I haven't played in over a decade. If I found a group, I wouldn't be opposed to getting back into it, though.

And, to all anti-nerds in the crowd, yes, I got laid whilst I was a D&D player. My girlfriend was a non-nerd, even (I think the phrase is - I bagged a normal).

And I never lived in my mom's basement, nor would I.

Zombie Acorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
You're a female... it probably helped :)

That being said, I haven't played in over a decade. If I found a group, I wouldn't be opposed to getting back into it, though.

And, to all anti-nerds in the crowd, yes, I got laid whilst I was a D&D player. My girlfriend was a non-nerd, even (I think the phrase is - I bagged a normal).

And I never lived in my mom's basement, nor would I.

YOU LIE!

CaptainChunk

macrumors 68020
Apr 16, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I played D&D a lot from middle school through high school, but college introduced me to beer and women, so I quickly lost interest. The last version I actually played was 2nd Edition, and that was back before WotC bought out TSR.

iShater

macrumors 604
Aug 13, 2002
Chicagoland
I played GURPS based game for a few weeks during college and some Cyberpunk. I have never tried D&D.

Haven't done that in years cause having a wife that would think it is weird is probably not helping. :p

When the kids start playing, I'm so there. ;)

Gelfin

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2001
Denver, CO
My perspective on D&D might be a little weird. I grew up in one of those places where it was understood to be a way of getting kids to worship the Devil, so I ended up discovering tabletop RPGs in college at the same time as beer and women. If you think those things are mutually incompatible, you're doing it wrong (which, I grant, a lot of people are).

I still play an occasional online game because it's a great way to keep in touch with some of my best college friends, and I've just joined a recurring tabletop game for the first time in many years specifically because a friend is trying to set me up with another friend of his who, may I say, does not look like whatever stereotype of D&D players you've got in your head. Not even close.

Hell, neither do I.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.