Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Mar 24, 2010, 06:44 PM   #1
itsbritneybitch
macrumors newbie

Smile iPad accessories on 4/3 at the stores

Okay I know this question may have been posted before so please do not jump on my back for asking, but will the accessories like the case and the dock/keyboard be available for purchase at the store on april 3 or will they be delayed just like the online store?

Im just curious because if I can buy these accessories day one, then i see no need to preorder and would rather just reserve and pickup and get my accessories at that time.

Thanks
itsbritneybitch is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2010, 06:45 PM   #2
gwynne
macrumors 65816

I don't think anyone knows the answer for sure. I think the theory I see most often is that the stores will have 'some' accessories. But no one really knows, unless I missed something.
gwynne is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2010, 08:35 PM   #3
bossxii
macrumors 68000

Yes... No... Maybe! Three answers for the price of one
bossxii is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2010, 08:36 PM   #4
Leia1912
macrumors member

I asked at my Apple store and they said they honestly had no clue.
Leia1912 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2010, 08:37 PM   #5
flyguy206
macrumors 6502a

If they do they will sellout fast.
flyguy206 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2010, 08:58 PM   #6
wolfpackfan
macrumors 65816

That's why I plan on being there early on the 3rd.
wolfpackfan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2010, 09:12 PM   #7
SchneiderMan
macrumors 604

The way i see it not a chance, there are a lot of reasons. But don't worry there will be even more accessories for the iPad then there are for the iPhone 3G/S.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 10:06 PM   #8
itsbritneybitch
macrumors newbie

Thank you all for your responses. I decided to ask apple through the apple store chat. Seems they are just as clueless as we all are :-/

You are chatting with Jamie J, an Apple Expert
Hi, my name is Jamie J. Welcome to Apple!
Hello, how may I assist you in your shopping today?

hi i have a quick question about ipad accessories. i plan on purchasing the ipad keyboard dock and the ipad case at the store when i pick up my ipad which i have reserved. will the accessories be available or are they delayed just like the online store?

All the accessories are set to go out to be delivered on the 3rd, just like the wi-fi iPads

so if i order the accessories with an ipad online i will get them all april 3?
Sure will!

As long as your area has Saturday delivery, but yes the same day as in the store!

I was wondering why the case and dock say they are delayed till mid april and late april then?

The iPad 3g is not released until late April, let me see if there were any updates recently.
okay
One moment

....and then he disappeared lol
itsbritneybitch is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2010, 05:30 AM   #9
bniu
macrumors 6502a

there's one already available and i have it, it's the apple bluetooth keyboard. I'd suggest to go pick one up a few days before launch and just keep it in its box and if you decide you don't want it later, take it back sealed...

i guess all i need is one of those docks, the bluetooth keyboard and i'm set, and maybe a case...
bniu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2010, 06:17 AM   #10
Chupa Chupa
macrumors G3

My guess, based on iPhone accessory availability @ launch, is if accessories are available they will be more limited than the # of iPads on hand and there will be a direct relationship between where you are in line and your chances of getting the accessory(ies) you want, assuming they even received them.
Chupa Chupa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2010, 06:32 AM   #11
gwynne
macrumors 65816

No offense to Apple employees, but CSRs at any company are usually at the absolute bottom of the information food chain when it comes to this kind of stuff. When you call/chat and ask them, you're basically putting them in the position of answering questions they can't possibly know the answer to. So you end up with different answers from different reps because they're all trying to avoid saying "I don't know."

Plus, they know damn well they are in constant danger of being quoted online.
gwynne is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories