Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Niknar

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2003
Scotland
A boring day at work, so messing around in photoshop, my fav one is attached and there are two others at link.

Attachments

• iMac.jpg
    iMac.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 266

ethical

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2007
I like the first one in your link, of the larger tablet running OS X. That's more like what I was expecting of the iPad to be honest.

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
I was thinking about stands for the iPad the other day. A really cool idea but probably not possible would be a magnetised stand and a magnetic back on the iPad so you can have a very clean connection between stand and iPad. Basically just stick the iPad on the end. This will allow for it to be rotated. The powerful magnets though may mess a few things up though?

7on

macrumors 601
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
I was thinking about stands for the iPad the other day. A really cool idea but probably not possible would be a magnetised stand and a magnetic back on the iPad so you can have a very clean connection between stand and iPad. Basically just stick the iPad on the end. This will allow for it to be rotated. The powerful magnets though may mess a few things up though?

Like what?

Though to get a magnet strong enough to hold the iPad you'd have to go for one of these

http://unitednuclear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=70_71&products_id=285

which comes with their own set of warnings and hazards o_O

PixelOz

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2009
Vega Alta, Puerto Rico, USA
It looks cool but... magnetic? I don't think that aluminum is good for that, oh no and God knows what kind of effect a strong magnet would have on the device, Ufff!

I think that you would need something else to accomplish such a thing, some sort of case that you use to protect the IPad that had something to attach such a stand in the back, that's what I think. Besides, a protective case is much more needed for the IPad than for the IPhone from the stress testings I've seen on the IPad, almost mandatory.

Any manufacturer interested in building such a contraption? Belkin, Griffin perhaps? ja, ja, ja :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.