Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Mar 25, 2010, 09:56 AM   #1
firteen888
macrumors regular

Are there any cases/screen protectors that are shipping RIGHT NOW?

Hey All,

I've been browsing the accessory thread and there are some nice looking products there, but they all seem to be for pre-order only. I'd really like to have a case and a screen protector ready for when I pick up my ipad on April 3rd. is there anything available that's shipping now?

Thanks
firteen888 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2010, 10:01 AM   #2
random person
macrumors 6502a

Waterfield Designs (sfbags.com) has a number of cases for preorder but I just got an email from them saying that the Ultimate Sleeve Case for iPad will ship on March 31 via Priority Mail for delivery well in time for the iPad!!!!

Check out that case -- very protective and nice looking too. I love Waterfield anyway!
Old Mar 25, 2010, 10:08 AM   #3
firteen888
macrumors regular

that does look like a really nice case, and pretty much what I was looking for. Does waterfield generally make good cases? I'm not familiar with them and $75 (with shoulder strap) for a case seems a bit steep. if they're known for high quality cases i'll take my chance
Old Mar 25, 2010, 11:08 AM   #4
Chupa Chupa
macrumors G3

There are plenty of 7" netbook cases out. These are pretty much the same a iPad cases except for the extra "iPad tax." $9 vs. $25. I'm there.
Chupa Chupa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2010, 11:17 AM   #5
random person
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by firteen888 View Post
that does look like a really nice case, and pretty much what I was looking for. Does waterfield generally make good cases? I'm not familiar with them and $75 (with shoulder strap) for a case seems a bit steep. if they're known for high quality cases i'll take my chance
I have a sleeve from them for my MacBook Air, plus a Vertigo bag, plus a Muzetto bag, plus a Kindle sleeve, various small accessory pouches, and also they have a fantastic wallet too! I LOVE Waterfield products -- smart design, quality construction, and great protection -- totally top-notch and they look great too! Plus made locally in San Francisco, plus fantastic customer service, fast and cheap shipping -- I could go on and on.

They are a great company and you will be very pleased with whatever you order from them!
Old Mar 25, 2010, 12:07 PM   #6
firteen888
macrumors regular

Thanks for the info guys. I just can't decide if I want a case that stays on the ipad 100% of the time or if I just want a case for travel. Which route do you guys plan on taking?

Also, are there any screen protectors shipping yet? I'd like to put one on right away if possible.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 01:00 PM   #7
elmo151

How about apple?
elmo151 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2010, 01:15 PM   #8
firteen888
macrumors regular

The Apple case won't be out by launch
Old Mar 25, 2010, 01:17 PM   #9
wingnut8
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo151 View Post
How about apple?
not shipping till mid april.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 01:41 PM   #10
Icaras
macrumors 601

What about Power Support? Does anyone know if they will be producing their screen protector for the ipad?
Old Mar 25, 2010, 02:10 PM   #11
AJsAWiz
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to AJsAWiz
Quote:
Thanks for the info guys. I just can't decide if I want a case that stays on the ipad 100% of the time or if I just want a case for travel. Which route do you guys plan on taking?

Also, are there any screen protectors shipping yet? I'd like to put one on right away if possible.
I'm doing both. I ordered and received one of those gel sleeves (that covers the back and sides of the iPad) AND I made/crocheted a case with a handle and outside pocket to carry it. The iPad will fit in my custom made case with the gel sleeve on.

I'm not doing the screen protector . . . must be a good reason Apple pulled them
Old Mar 25, 2010, 02:34 PM   #12
firteen888
macrumors regular

Quote:
I'm not doing the screen protector . . . must be a good reason Apple pulled them
There's only two reason I can think of.

1. they don't want people thinking the screen scratches easily

2. They want the screens to scratch easier so users buy newer generation ipads

Either way, it can't hurt to throw a screen protector on there. Even if it's just for peace of mind. The one I have on my iphone is great for finger print reduction....I just forget who makes it
Old Mar 25, 2010, 02:36 PM   #13
wrxdrunkie
macrumors member

www.booqbags.com is currently shipping out cases.

I ordered mine yesterday, its preparing to ship today.
wrxdrunkie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2010, 02:50 PM   #14
firteen888
macrumors regular

I'm not very impressed with those booqbag bags
Old Mar 25, 2010, 02:59 PM   #15
SchneiderMan
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
What about Power Support? Does anyone know if they will be producing their screen protector for the ipad?
Those guys are pretty full of themselves, i sent them an email a few weeks ago asking about that and never got a reply. Actually i never get a reply from them when i ask something.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 03:08 PM   #16
EddyP
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut8 View Post
not shipping till mid april.

My order says "Ships: By April 3RD"

Am I missing something?
EddyP is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2010, 03:11 PM   #17
SchneiderMan
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyP View Post

My order says "Ships: By April 3RD"

Am I missing something?
It depends on when you ordered, they probably do not have any more in stock right now.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 04:03 PM   #18
bigdog5142
macrumors regular

Quote:
I'm not very impressed with those booqbag bags
Really? I'm fairly impressed. They look well made and fit the style well, IMO. To each their own, I guess.
bigdog5142 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2010, 04:16 PM   #19
Icaras
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchneiderMan View Post
Those guys are pretty full of themselves, i sent them an email a few weeks ago asking about that and never got a reply. Actually i never get a reply from them when i ask something.
Really? That's a shame. Great product (IMO), but bad service kills
Old Mar 25, 2010, 04:53 PM   #20
wrxdrunkie
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog5142 View Post
Really? I'm fairly impressed. They look well made and fit the style well, IMO. To each their own, I guess.
I agree bigdog, the sleeve seems more than adequate. I am not sure I would buy an actual bag from them, especially after seeing some of the prices.

Last edited by wrxdrunkie; Mar 25, 2010 at 05:05 PM.
wrxdrunkie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2010, 05:13 PM   #21
pee cee hater
macrumors newbie

Casecrown

I bought a zippered iPad case called Casecrown from Amazon, I received it about a week ago. They seemed to have several available.
pee cee hater is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2010, 02:55 AM   #22
jedolley
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedolley View Post
It looks like some of the Macally iPad accessories are now available. Their status has changed from "Coming Soon" to "Buy Now".

http://www.macally.com/EN/Product/ipad.asp

I especially like their BookStand case http://www.macally.com/EN/Product/Ar...?ArticleID=320. Standard shipping seems a bit high ($8), but i may give it a shot.

Also, a couple of the iLuv accessories are also showing up in stock on their site and Amazon.

http://www.i-luv.com/product_sales.a...ev=1&&keyword=

Amazon prices seem much lower than iLuv MSRP, but the descriptions also don't match the item (or atleast the one's i've seen) example below.

http://www.amazon.com/ILUV-iCC801-Silicone-Case-iPad/dp/B003BIHX5S/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1269589624&sr=1-2
I posted this is the "Accessories" thread, but figured I should post it here too. One of the instock iLuv accessories is the mirror screen shield.

http://www.i-luv.com/product_detail....=t41&cat_lev=1

A little pricey if you ask me, considering you will be able to get full body protection from Zagg or Phantomskinz for only a little bit more.
jedolley is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2010, 02:58 AM   #23
GadgetX
macrumors regular

I bought a cheap ($5 shipped) sleeve from ebay. That should hold me over a month or so until all the better quality sleeves start shipping.
GadgetX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2010, 10:01 AM   #24
bigdog5142
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxdrunkie View Post
I agree bigdog, the sleeve seems more than adequate. I am not sure I would buy an actual bag from them, especially after seeing some of the prices.
I ordered the black sleeve from them. It will be here next Tuesday. I'll post some pics when I get it. I like the bags, and would consider one if I didn't have plenty of bags already. I've got a Swiss Army business system on rollers for my MBP and major files, books, etc. A Swiss Army backpack that can take my MBP and books, but will probably use it now for iPad and books and then a satchel type leather bag for a the iPad and a book or two. Nice to be able to go with a lot of stuff, a medium amount of stuff or go light. So...a sleeve seems to fit the bill the best for me. Really considering Apple case, but wanted SOMETHING on day one. Don't like the idea of carrying the iPad around without anything on it.
bigdog5142 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2010, 10:37 AM   #25
nomad01
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
I've emailed them twice to ask them with no reply whatsoever.

Pretty poor customer service.
nomad01 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories