Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rojo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 26, 2006
Barcelona
So I was trying to send a mass e-mail announcement to a lot of friends on my iPhone. It took quite a long time to enter in each e-mail (about 150 of them), and when I finally hit send, it didn't do anything at first, and then came back with the following message:

Cannot Send Mail
The server rejected one of the recipient's addresses. The message has been placed in your Outbox.

Unfortunately, when I go to the Outbox, I can't actually do anything but open the e-mail. It's now stuck in Outbox limbo. I can't stop it from trying to be sent now, yet it can't be sent anway because of the rejected e-mail! I can't edit the e-mail addresses (or even see them, in order to copy them and paste them to another e-mail). And I don't even know which e-mail is being rejected, so even if I did this all over again, this problem could still persist!

Now all that time spent entering 150 e-mail addresses has been lost -- many of them I was getting from Facebook too. Is there ANY way I can get back the e-mail in my Outbox without deleting it? I really don't want to have to enter all those e-mail addresses again! Then again, I may have to write individual e-mails to all 150 people in order to see which one isn't working. What a nightmare!!!

Any suggestions would be very welcome. This is an urgent e-mail I need to get out to all of these people!

WhySoSerious

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Dallas, TX
Outbox (unsent message) Stuck:
Put phone in airplane mode and compose a new message and send. New message should be directed to the outbox. While still in airplane mode, I should be able to now delete all the messages in there.

Above are noted steps I made for myself because I've had the same issue.

Rojo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 26, 2006
Barcelona
Outbox (unsent message) Stuck:
Put phone in airplane mode and compose a new message and send. New message should be directed to the outbox. While still in airplane mode, I should be able to now delete all the messages in there.

Above are noted steps I made for myself because I've had the same issue.

Thanks for the reply!
The problem is, I don't want to delete the e-mail! I want to save every aspect of it, including the e-mail addresses if possible. The body of text I can still copy and paste, thank god (and people actually wondered why we needed C&P once!!), but it's those e-mail addresses I don't want to have to enter in all over again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.