Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BeckyG

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2010
Lehigh Valley, PA
I don't plan on it for 3 reasons:

1. My 3G is coming in the mail.
2. I would only want to play with the iPad and I'm sure everyone else and their mom wants to do the same thing. So, I think I will wait until later in the following week and go reeeealy early one day and try to get some time with it alone.
3. I would run the risk of buying a WiFi one!

Have fun if you go!! :)

Bodhi395

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
I'll be there! Had my ipad reserved the first day I could. I hope the line isn't too long, at least for people who have reservations. I also hope its a nice day, since the store is not inside the mall.

dmachine

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2005
Yep Ill be there. Getting up bright and early to watch the soccer game (Man Utd. v. Chelsea, Go United!). It starts around 8AM so it should be over around 10. Takes about an hour and a half to get there so should be there around 12. If anyones there ill probably be the only one in an orange wheelchair LOL. Hopefully some of us will be able to meet each other there.

Bodhi395

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
weekend weather for whitehall

looks good for friday/saturday - mid 70s! crazy considering its low 40s currently...

I noticed the weather will be nice too, sounds perfect, 75 degrees!

I won't mind sitting outside in line now, if there is a big line. Anyone go to an Apple launch event at the lehigh valley store before, like for the iphone, and know if it was really crowded with a long line?

TigerWoodsIV

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
so what time are people getting there who didn't reserve, i'm not sure when to show up. probably gonna get there at 10

gdjsnyder

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2010
Swoyersville, PA
Anyone going to the 3G launch at Lehigh Valley. It's not too high a volume of a store, so I'm thinking of getting there between 2-3PM, hopefully not too long of a line, and hopefully they let us wait inside so we can play with the iPads! The sucky thing is, I'm going down to buy this for my boyfriend, mines coming in the mail that day, and I promised him I wouldn't open mine until we were together (11:45PM that night). Ugh!

SpeedNut

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2010
PA
Trying to head down in time. I have to work tomorrow, and the Mrs. is working her weekday 12 hour shift, so I'm having to rely on:

a) not being a big line
b) a ton of 3G product available for purchase.
c) possibly being able to get out of work early to get down there.

Hopefully it'll work out!

gdjsnyder

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2010
Swoyersville, PA
Trying to head down in time. I have to work tomorrow, and the Mrs. is working her weekday 12 hour shift, so I'm having to rely on:

a) not being a big line
b) a ton of 3G product available for purchase.
c) possibly being able to get out of work early to get down there.

Hopefully it'll work out!

Let's hope for the best then, for both of us. I have an exam tomorrow at 1PM but thank god my microbiology professor sympathizes with my apple addiction and is letting me take the exam at 11AM. And also thankfully, I work part-time for my mom, so I can make up hours I miss tomorrow, over the weekend. So I'm thinking I could get down there at 1:30PM, but I don't want the apple employees to think I'm a freak for being the first to arrive!

Maybe I'll see ya down there!

thesmileman

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2008
"So I'm thinking I could get down there at 1:30PM, but I don't want the apple employees to think I'm a freak for being the first to arrive!"

I don't think you will be the first one in line or even close. There are people in line already at some of the stores. I already tried to get in line at 1:30pm today at the Frisco store and they said I wasn't the first to ask but they aren't letting people line up because of mall regulations. I am going to the mall when they open at 7:30am with several of my friends comming a little later.

SpeedNut

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2010
PA
Let's hope for the best then, for both of us. I have an exam tomorrow at 1PM but thank god my microbiology professor sympathizes with my apple addiction and is letting me take the exam at 11AM. And also thankfully, I work part-time for my mom, so I can make up hours I miss tomorrow, over the weekend. So I'm thinking I could get down there at 1:30PM, but I don't want the apple employees to think I'm a freak for being the first to arrive!

Maybe I'll see ya down there!

Yeah you'll get there earlier than me. I'm hoping I can get in line to see the cheering and hoopla on open... and then wait an hour to get into the store.

Good luck on your test!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.