Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Mar 25, 2010, 10:29 PM   #1
theblindbandit
macrumors newbie

Multiple syncing errors

Every time I sync my TV, it takes about 5 minutes trying to sync these multiple things which end up not even syncing. It is a major time waster and very annoying at least. Here are some images:

I would really like to know how to make these errors disappear.

Thanks in advance!
theblindbandit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2010, 08:30 AM   #2
mstrze
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to mstrze
Don't sync...just stream.

Guaranteed to make those errors disappear.

If you still want to sync, I recommend putting all the offending songs into a playlist that you can 'de-click' in the sync menu (using the manually manage/sync option. In that way, iTunes will not even bother to copy those songs to your ATV. Along the same lines, you can choose not to sync those movies or TV episodes that offend as well by not clicking them in the Movies or TV shows list.

Last edited by mstrze; Mar 26, 2010 at 09:21 AM.
mstrze is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2010, 04:38 PM   #3
theblindbandit
macrumors newbie

That would work, but I am pretty sure that all of the "offending" items are audiobooks, which are in many different playlists. I don't want to un-check those because they also have songs that I want on my tv...
theblindbandit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2010, 07:14 PM   #4
KevinC867
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblindbandit View Post
That would work, but I am pretty sure that all of the "offending" items are audiobooks, which are in many different playlists. I don't want to un-check those because they also have songs that I want on my tv...
It seems odd to mix songs and audiobooks in the same playlist, but I'm sure you have your reasons.

All those items should have "Audiobook" as their genre. Just create a new smart playlist matching the rule "Genre" "Is Not" "Audiobook". Then select that playlist in the Music tab of the AppleTV device selection.

Or, just sync based on Genre directly and un-click the Audiobook genre in the AppleTV/Music tab.
KevinC867 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater