|Mar 26, 2010, 02:44 AM||#1|
Best unlocking available for iphone 3G
So.. blackra1n apparently is messing up (as everyone is complaining about boot problems) and it jus so happen that this happened to me like 3 hours ago. i fixed it, without having shsh. or any of that stuff since i didnt know about it.. still dont know about it.. and probably wont learn it cuz im horrible with the technical jargon.
anyways my phone is currently unlocked using blackra1n, but since i dont wanan deal with the booting problems (i know there is a solution but i cant figure out how to do it) i wanna use a different method of unlocking. a better one. also my data plan ( for tmobile ) is not working and im like 90% that its due to the blackra1n unlocking. thus i wanna get this to work as well. if anyone has any suggestions for a better unlocking method, i would really appreciate it.
FOR ALL THOSE PEOPLE THAT GOT SCREWED FROM BLACKRA1N'S BOOTING PROBLEM, HERE IS A SOLUTION I USED TO RESTORE MY IPHONE 3G LIKE ABOUT 3 HOURS BEFORE THIS POST.
im not a 100% sure it will work, so use at ur own risk. it worked for me though ^^
1. Do a hard reset on the phone, hold the sleep/wake button + the home button until it turns off then release before it turns back on.
2. Plug the dock into the compute and have iTunes running.
3. HOLD the home button on the iPhone, while holding it, connect the iPhone onto the dock and CONTINUE to hold the home button until the CONNECT TO ITUNES DISPLAY APPEARS.
4. iTunes will recognize this and ask if you would like to restore it. Click restore WHILE HOLDING DOWN EITHER THE SHIFT (FOR WINDOWS) OR ALT OPTION (FOR MAC). THIS IS VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT! IF U DO NOT USE THESE KEYS U WILL GO TO 3.1.3 FIRMWARE. BE VERY VERY CAUTIOUS. this will then bring out a window asking what u want to use. use the file downloaded from this website. http://mytopfiles.com/other/file/iPh...ore/342866.htm
ok once u have done that u will run into an "emergency" bs setting where u can only make emergency calls. once this is done, plug ur iphone into ur computer and unlock it using blackra1n. this should restore it.
basically this worked for me. idk if it will work for everyone so please use at ur own risk! like i said before it worked for me 3 hours ago so yeah.
1. hard reset
2. restore using the file from the link
3. blackra1n. or watever unlocking method u use. i used blackra1n and it worked.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|iPhone 3G on Gophone||d-unit1984||Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks||13||Aug 28, 2011 07:18 PM|
|TomTom vs. Navman - Best for iPhone 3G?||joezapple||iPhone and iPod touch Apps||0||Dec 30, 2010 08:07 AM|
|is it ok to restore my unlocked iphone 3g? & no pushnotifications/unlocked iphone?||poohbear19||Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks||5||Dec 10, 2010 08:55 PM|
|Perfect unlocking solution for iPhone 3G?||mrcharlie91||Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks||2||Oct 19, 2008 12:17 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:53 PM.