Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnmoorejohn

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2010
Anyone have any idea? Any educated guesses?

How about a month later? 3 months later?

Are there any apps that have been announced to be ready on 4/3?

kdesign7

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2010
earth, for now.
No doubt there will be MANY... but I think on the INITAL day of release, maybe not a whole lot, but I'd say give it a week or maybe less or more, and it'll spike. Just a hunch.

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
I'm pretty sure Apple is only approving certain apps that it wants specifically for the launch. Didn't the email they sent out about submitting apps for the launch say something like apps must be submitted by (whatever date) to be "considered"?

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
I'm pretty sure Apple is only approving certain apps that it wants specifically for the launch. Didn't the email they sent out about submitting apps for the launch say something like apps must be submitted by (whatever date) to be "considered"?

They are probably being more picky than usual, but still not THAT picky.

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
They are probably being more picky than usual, but still not THAT picky.

I'm not sure what they even meant but I'm guessing there will still be a pretty decent selection and then even more in the following weeks.

I'm betting most of the apps they demoed in January will be featured at launch. I'm really hoping MLB's app will be ready...that's the one I'm looking forward to.

MythicFrost

macrumors 68040
Mar 11, 2009
Australia
I think there will be at least 250, but up to 2000. Considering some apps require the device to be made or tested properly.

IronLogik

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2009
One of the benefits to getting the 3G version I think is simply allowing for developers to fix bugs and release versions of their apps for the iPad. By the time I get mine it'll have a lot of the kinks worked out for the apps that were released on or near launch day. Plus other developers who are waiting until they have an iPad in hand will likely have their apps near completion as well.

rtabdo

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2010
I honestly don't remember how many were out for the original App store launch, but my honest guess its going to be at 500+, When you have 150k applications out there I would think that at least .5% of those apps would be set up for iPad.

1% would be 1500. We'll see!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.