Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Sep 10, 2004, 11:25 AM   #1
sandman42
macrumors 6502a

Apple bluetooth keyboard and mouse - battery life?

I'm thinking about buying a new iMac, and I'm trying to decide whether or not to get the bluetooth wireless keyboard and mouse. How often do you have to change the battery in either the keyboard or mouse?
Old Sep 10, 2004, 11:40 AM   #2
PlaceofDis
macrumors Core

the mouse batteries can go fast, but i use rechargable's so its not an issue for me, the keyboard lasts forever it seems, the key though, is to turn them off whenever you are not useing 'em, which i personally do not do because im lazy, but you can get some great battery life out of them if you turn them off, and it doesnt take long for it to reconnect so its really not that big of an issue, if you have the $ i would go for at least the keyboard, but i am glad that i have both with my pb and they work great
Old Sep 10, 2004, 11:43 AM   #3
MrSugar
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via ICQ to MrSugar Send a message via AIM to MrSugar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman42
I'm thinking about buying a new iMac, and I'm trying to decide whether or not to get the bluetooth wireless keyboard and mouse. How often do you have to change the battery in either the keyboard or mouse?
Maybe the mouse is bad with batteries but the keyboard is AMAZING. I have been using it hardcore for 4 months now (never turned off) and it's about halfway drained. I also used it last december for a month before shelving it while I waited for a g5. Still running on the original batteries.

-- Fluidvision Design
MrSugar is offline   0
Old Sep 10, 2004, 11:45 AM   #4
QCassidy352
macrumors G3

I've been using the BT keyboard since april and am not only on my first set of batteries, they still say they are at 4 out of 5 bars of power! I'm beginning to think the indicator must not be working right... how it is possible to get such incredible battery life??
Old Sep 10, 2004, 12:04 PM   #5
wordmunger
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCassidy352
I've been using the BT keyboard since april and am not only on my first set of batteries, they still say they are at 4 out of 5 bars of power! I'm beginning to think the indicator must not be working right... how it is possible to get such incredible battery life??
I think it's because they only send a signal when you press a key, whereas a single swipe of the mouse can generate *hundreds* of signals to the computer. Similarly, I have a ten-year-old remote for my garage door, and I've NEVER changed the battery.
wordmunger is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers