Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

javaGuru

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 15, 2007
I have been seriously considering purchasing final cut express 4. It seems like it has been forever since Apple has released an update to this software. Would anyone happen to know if Apple is planning on releasing final cut express 5 sometime in the near future?

sl1200mk2

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2006
It would certainly make sense that they would be bringing an update 'soon' but anyone is just going to be making guesses as to when. My guess (nothing more than speculation) is late Q2 or early Q3 this year.

A chance of something being announced at NAB later this month is possible, but FCE isn't a 'pro' app, so it's IMHO unlikely (Apple wouldn't be waiting for this event).

I'm eager to see what an update brings myself. Hopefully (finally) native AVCHD handling? I can dream...

bchreng

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2005
I was going to make a post asking the same thing. Might as well bump this thread. I'm fine with iMovie for now, but would love to dig into FCE. I'm in the same boat where, though I'd love to purchase a copy now, I can't shake this feeling that Apple will announce an update soon.

fastd

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2010
bumping this. would like to go FCE, but version 5 has to be just around the corner??

Hillskill

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2010
Would I be correct in thinking that FCE 4 owners will be able to upgrade from 4 to 5 for cheaper price ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.