Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Mar 26, 2010, 11:10 PM   #1
winterquilt
macrumors regular

YouTube downloader Tooble not working?

Can anybody please confirm that Tooble v2.6.7 is actually working for them on OS X 10.6.2. I don't have any firewall enabled and things just aren't downloading; I keep getting that D02 error but I haven't changed anything and it was downloading just fine a few weeks back.

I have been trying alternatives but none of them work, throwing up various errors and I think the problem lies at YouTube itself, I think they've changed the way thy store videos or something?

Can anybody confirm this because I'm getting nothing back from Alex a support.
winterquilt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2010, 07:49 PM   #2
bartmando
macrumors newbie

I've had the exact same problem - i've been getting it since their free pro version promo has been going on...it worked perfectly before and im hoping after the 1 week promo it iwll go back to working

i alo havnt heard back from alex in support at all...
bartmando is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2010, 08:42 PM   #3
notjustjay
macrumors 603

If you're using Safari, you can download YouTube videos directly from the Activity window. No third party tools required.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 09:11 PM   #4
Dolorian
macrumors 65816

Somewhat related, is there an easy way to download YouTube videos in Google Chrome?
Dolorian is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2010, 04:05 AM   #5
winterquilt
macrumors regular

still a problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartmando View Post
I've had the exact same problem - i've been getting it since their free pro version promo has been going on...it worked perfectly before and im hoping after the 1 week promo it iwll go back to working

i alo havnt heard back from alex in support at all...
I bet he gets a lo of mail, that's probably why he doesn't reply. I didn't get anything either. It started before that for me, I don't know if its my ISP blocking it because I downloaded a lot or what but it just keeps giving the D02 error and with no need.

I have a few videos to get and I like the way it embed the title into he file name upon download and convert to m4v or mov or whatever, .flv is naff (even if QTX does play them now).

I just want Tooble to work again.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 07:44 AM   #6
0dev
macrumors 68040

As far as I know, YouTube have changed thier system, since I've noticed that all the YouTube download sites now require I install some sort of Java applet (something I'm very hesistant to do).
0dev is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2010, 11:56 PM   #7
bartmando
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterquilt View Post
I bet he gets a lo of mail, that's probably why he doesn't reply. I didn't get anything either. It started before that for me, I don't know if its my ISP blocking it because I downloaded a lot or what but it just keeps giving the D02 error and with no need.

I have a few videos to get and I like the way it embed the title into he file name upon download and convert to m4v or mov or whatever, .flv is naff (even if QTX does play them now).

I just want Tooble to work again.
Probably but support should still be support - especially if money was paid...I was hoping it would be fixed when the free promo was finished but for some reason im still getting the "keep these features" option whnever i start up the program...very annoying

But all in all i'm with you - i just want tooble back
Old Apr 2, 2010, 04:11 AM   #8
winterquilt
macrumors regular

more more

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartmando View Post
Probably but support should still be support - especially if money was paid...I was hoping it would be fixed when the free promo was finished but for some reason im still getting the "keep these features" option whnever i start up the program...very annoying

But all in all i'm with you - i just want tooble back
He's trying to get people to pay by enjoying the Pro features, that splash screen is a trick to make people think about what their using. I actually watched the countdown timer and was in time for it to hit zero, but the update didn't come until the day after, I don't think their very organised. Its a shame the *free* Pro treatment came at a time when the software doesn't actually work (

@0dev: How do you know that YouTube has changed things? That was m guess at the time because I fell back on other solutions and the array of alternatives I went through all displayed similar problems, except for the very direct method of downloading one video at a time, but that takes forever if your downloading a few hundred.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 10:58 AM   #9
bartmando
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterquilt View Post
He's trying to get people to pay by enjoying the Pro features
I actually did pay for the pro version a few weeks before the "free pro" promo was announced so i'm more irritated that it affected my version as well
Old Apr 4, 2010, 11:14 AM   #10
winterquilt
macrumors regular

fix ready

Okay there's a critical update v2.6.8 and Tooble is back to normal again!

Yes!
Old Jul 24, 2010, 03:05 PM   #11
CBC
macrumors newbie

Purchased Tooble Pro...

A few days ago and then there was an update to this current version.

Now it doesn't work at all and I keep getting a D14 error message. I Emailed Tooble, erased the whole program and reinstalled but so far, no luck.

Any suggestions????
CBC is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2010, 12:17 PM   #12
CBC
macrumors newbie

So now I've attempted to contact multiple people at Tooble and stated my problem to them multiple times. I paid for the "pro" version and have still not gotten a response from anyone.

WTF?

Anybody have any suggestions?
Old Jul 30, 2010, 12:51 AM   #13
winterquilt
macrumors regular

update needed

2.6.8 and I'm gettin' errors here. Good to know about the Pro "service" given, I was going to upgrade but I never get a reply and didn't think it too encouraging. These guys just seem to fix the hurdles thrown at them by YouTube every now and then rather than sorting out their software to make it more stable and more appealing with users feature requests.

what are they doing?!
Old Jul 30, 2010, 10:08 AM   #14
winterquilt
macrumors regular

alternative (Safari + OS X)

Anyone running Safari v5 might want to try this, just updated the YouTube download function works now:

http://safariextensions.tumblr.com/p...ttube-07-29-10
Old Jul 30, 2010, 09:30 PM   #15
CBC
macrumors newbie

The Squeaky Wheel Gets The Grease

I contacted Tooble one last time (6th or 7th) and told all of their e-mail contacts that I was about to go on every website about the problems and about their lousy customer service.

Appx. 5 hours later I recieved an e-mail apologising and was told that I would be contacted soon.

We'll see.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 12:27 AM   #16
CBC
macrumors newbie

So much for soon...

Ya' know, When someone tells you that they will contact you soon I take that as within a few hours. I gave them until Monday and soon has now come and gone.

I'll recontact tomorrow.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 12:28 AM   #17
CBC
macrumors newbie

By the way...

Thanks winterquilt.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 04:49 PM   #18
winterquilt
macrumors regular

down again

v2.7.4 is down.

Tooble are going to take ages to fix it no doubt and there still isn't a decent alternative on OS X (
Old Feb 10, 2011, 02:27 PM   #19
winterquilt
macrumors regular

Tooble v2.7.5 is down!

Oh boy, its that time again and v2.7.5 is down!

Since their ToS changed after Christmas I've had to buy the bloody thing, knowing full well this would happen. I contacted support, quoting my number, and they got back to me surprisingly, but the reply which contained a video bounced, I tried many ways to get it to them but nay, the've been silent.

I don't mind paying for things but the software is ugly and support is atrocious. I guess there's no point in asking someone here to create an alternative, but I wish there were a good one.

I've seen some competitors, but they're not as good. I like to have everything to my favourites and then download en masse.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 02:35 PM   #20
Fubar1977
macrumors 6502a

AFAIK youtube is constantly updating it`s systems to try and prevent people from downloading off it`s site.

I had this problem constantly under windows using many different youtube downloaders, all with the same results i.e. it would work fine for days ,sometimes weeks and then stop usually followed by an update shortly afterwards that got it working again.
I must admit, the Mac seems to lack a good, frequently updated youtube DL app.
Interesting about Safari being able to save them directly in the browser, might actually give me a reason to use it! (Firefox user).
Old Feb 11, 2011, 07:06 AM   #21
winterquilt
macrumors regular

I have a few extensions for firefox and know the tricks, but I need something to do the heavy lifting for me. I just hate waiting for an update because I know that some of the videos are being picked off my list as I wait.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 11:50 AM   #22
winterquilt
macrumors regular

Soon

I just got work the fix will be on its way in a coupe of days.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 12:24 AM   #23
winterquilt
macrumors regular

for anyone that's interested 2.7.7 is finally out, yea it works, but I dunno, the UI is still a complete mess and I still get loads of D02s

better than nothing.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 12:42 PM   #24
Green Butterfly
macrumors newbie

Tooble still not working?

Is Tooble currently working for anyone? I haven't been able to download any videos since mid May.

I've got version 2.7.9

I also updated to Perian 1.2.3 today to see if that helps. That did make Tooble stop crashing on startup. But still can't download videos.

I'm running Lion, but it's not the Lion upgrade that broke Tooble. It was broken before that.
Green Butterfly is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2011, 01:51 PM   #25
neeliec
macrumors newbie

TOOBLE has been "broken" for a couple months now. I keep sending them requests for help, and post now and then on their Facebook page asking for help, but all they keep saying is that they are "working on" the problem. I am a paid user of the Tooble Pro, and I'm NOT happy with their lack of service. For a while they were very responsive, but there is some odd reason why they are completely ignoring customers, and even deleting posts made to their FB page by disgruntled members. Their product was great for what it did, but now it's useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Butterfly View Post
Is Tooble currently working for anyone? I haven't been able to download any videos since mid May.

I've got version 2.7.9

I also updated to Perian 1.2.3 today to see if that helps. That did make Tooble stop crashing on startup. But still can't download videos.

I'm running Lion, but it's not the Lion upgrade that broke Tooble. It was broken before that.

Last edited by neeliec; Oct 24, 2011 at 02:09 PM.
neeliec is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion