Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AVR2

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 16, 2006
What's the warranty situation when you buy an Apple product in Country A and ship it Country B? If you need warranty service, will it have to be shipped back to Country A, or will the warranty be honoured by the Apple service departments in Country B?

SaSaSushi

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2007
Takamatsu, Japan
AppleCare is global. As long as your machine is under warranty you can send it in for service wherever on the globe you are, regardless of where the machine was purchased.

From the AppleCare FAQ:

What does “global repair coverage” mean?

If you take your Apple hardware with you when you travel and happen to need repair service, the AppleCare Protection Plan offers global repair coverage. You can either go to an Apple Retail Store or contact Apple for information on how to obtain service. Service will be limited to the options available in the country where service is requested. Service options, parts availability, and response time vary according to country. Please see the AppleCare Protection Plan Terms and Conditions for complete details.

AVR2

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 16, 2006
That's great, thanks :)

EDIT - possible dumb question, but looking at the AppleCare website, I note that they differentiate between AppleCare, and the 1-year "limited warranty" you get as standard when you buy the product. Does the global coverage apply to the limited warranty too? I had a quick look at the T&Cs, but couldn't see anything that would include or exclude it.

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
That's great, thanks :)

EDIT - possible dumb question, but looking at the AppleCare website, I note that they differentiate between AppleCare, and the 1-year "limited warranty" you get as standard when you buy the product. Does the global coverage apply to the limited warranty too? I had a quick look at the T&Cs, but couldn't see anything that would include or exclude it.

Yes, both are universal. AppleCare is just the name of the extended warranty but people call Apple's warranty AppleCare, no matter is it extended or the basic.

Tbone17

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2010
I think a lot of people are wondering that considering the current exchange rate.

opera57

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2009
As far as I know it does. I've just ordered an iPad from the US (to the UK) and i'm quite sure I heard that the warranty was worldwide!
signature_silverapple.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.