Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AxelMonkey

macrumors regular
Original poster
I think im getting better at this :/

DSCF0214.jpg

Didn't do anything special, to my i think the lighting in the background is a little bright, and I was actually balancing on two rocks above the river, so focus could of been better to

IMG_0021.jpg

Shutterspeed: 1/100
Aperture: 8.0
ISO:1600
Exposure: 0
(just practicing making sure I'm reading my camera right LOL)

C&C on all please. i need to improve.

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
#1: You are correct in that the issue in this photo is the lighting. The foreground is too dark and the background is too bright; anything else probably wasn't possible in the location you were at and the time of day.

#2: It looks like there is some kind of weird smear on the lens causing certain areas (for example, near the bird's feet) to appear...dusty?

#3: Rule of thirds? Seems out of focus, but that doesn't really matter since I don't really get what the subject of this picture is.

#4: A more interesting angle than #3, but it appears everything is out of focus. Still confused as to the subject.

AxelMonkey

macrumors regular
Original poster
#2: It looks like there is some kind of weird smear on the lens causing certain areas (for example, near the bird's feet) to appear...dusty?

#3: Rule of thirds? Seems out of focus, but that doesn't really matter since I don't really get what the subject of this picture is.

#4: A more interesting angle than #3, but it appears everything is out of focus. Still confused as to the subject.

that smear would be the chicken wire lol, they are bound to a cage :( not my choice

i know there isn't any subject to number 3 or 4 just random pictures lol just trying to get the picture down.

M-5

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
What lighting conditions were you shooting at for the second photo with the bird? Your ISO is pretty high, indicating that it's a low-lit scene, but your Aperture is set to f/8. Could it not be set more open to let in more light, because your shutter speed is relatively slow. I disagree about your third photo being the best; it is my least favorite, and the subject isn't really clear.

HBOC

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2008
SLC
yea, i don't shoot above ISO 400 unless i need to. You could have done ISO 200 and maybe at f/6.3 (or whatever). F/8 is ok, seems you have plenty of ambient light.

You shoot ISO 1600 on the first shot? seems kinda noisy. Worst time of day to shoot, imo :). Keep pluggin' away!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.