Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Mar 28, 2010, 11:07 PM   #1
banjaloupe
macrumors newbie

Can you stop iPhoto from importing videos?

I'm running iPhoto '06 right now and I don't want it to import videos, since it never can tell that they're duplicates and thus I end up with many copies of the same thing (which is difficult to clean up, since I have to go into Finder to do it). So I have two questions:

1) Can you stop iPhoto '06 from importing videos entirely?
2) If I upgraded to iPhoto '09, would that fix the problem? As in, will it either be able to recognize duplicate videos, or allow me to stop video importing?

Thanks all!
banjaloupe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2010, 11:37 AM   #2
Arrandale
macrumors regular

iPhoto '09 can recognise duplicate videos at the time of import. I don't know if it can perform a clean up of an existing library.

For the time being, you can use the included app "Image Capture" which resides in the Applications folder. It's a really barebones way of getting files off your camera onto your hard disk, but it does allow you to deselect the videos.

Once you have just the photos on your hard disk, you can import them into iPhoto.
Arrandale is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store