Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MBX

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
Hi

I'm seeing this big surge in iPad Books & Magazines Content, apps and demos and wonder why we don't see more of that for the iPhone?

Sure the iPad has a bigger screen which lends itself nicer for overall UI design with a little more space but that shouldn't mean the iPhone isn't good for stuff like that. The 3GS has almost identical hardware specs.

So why don't we see more of this for the iPhone?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD-7ObmNpVg

The closest to this i've seen is "Classics" but it's limited in content and i really hope Apple's iBook app will be available on iPhone too (why shouldn't it?).

The same goes for magazines, it seems many of them are really pushing their content for the iPad but i don't see why they couldn't do it for the iPhone too. I really wish there was some sort of iMag app where you could subscribe to different magazines.

What's your take?

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
The same goes for magazines, it seems many of them are really pushing their content for the iPad but i don't see why they couldn't do it for the iPhone too. I really wish there was some sort of iMag app where you could subscribe to different magazines.

FWIW, I subscribe to two magazines, and both of them have iPhone delivery options (although I don't find them favorable... in essence, the two magazines, GQ and Esquire, sell $2.99 individual issues as iPhone apps... so buying it that way would cost some $36 per magazine, which is about 2.5 times the subscription price in print... I want them in print, anways, in this case).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.