Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

123055-software_update_10.6.3.jpg

Apple today released Mac OS X 10.6.3, the third maintenance update for Snow Leopard, via Software Update. The update offers several hundred fixes implemented since the release of Mac OS X 10.6.2 last November and an interim security update issued in January.
The 10.6.3 Update is recommended for all users running Mac OS X Snow Leopard and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, including fixes that:

- improve the reliability and compatibility of QuickTime X
- address compatibility issues with OpenGL-based applications
- address an issue that causes background message colors to display incorrectly in Mail
- resolve an issue that prevented files with the # or & characters in their names from opening in Rosetta applications
- resolve an issue that prevented files from copying to Windows file servers
- improve performance of Logic Pro 9 and Main Stage 2 when running in 64-bit mode
- improve sleep and wake reliability when using Bonjour wake on demand
- address a color issue in iMovie with HD content
- improve printing reliability
- resolve issues with recurring events in iCal when connected to an Exchange server
- improve the reliability of 3rd party USB input devices
- fix glowing, stuck, or dark pixels when viewing video from the iMac (Late 2009) built-in iSight camera
Full details on the update are available in Apple's associated support document.

Developer builds of Mac OS X 10.6.3 were seeded with increasingly frequency in recent weeks, with the most recent, Build 10D573, appearing just last Wednesday.

Article Link: Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.6.3

skythefly13

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2005
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

About time!

macusersince5

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2010
Still not upgrading - 10.5.8 works fine. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Thats fine if you don't want to upgrade. I understand your point of view so don't jump down my throat after you read this,

But if everyone had that philosophy then nobody would have any new tech and innovation would be incredibly slow as no one would want to try new stuff.

lifeinhd

macrumors 65816
Mar 26, 2008
This in no way implies new MacBook Pros tomorrow. They'd be all packaged up already, unable to update the software.

BTW, wonder if this works on my Hackintosh? :confused:

Zortrium

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2003
450 MB on my aluminum MacBook. 750 MB (!) on my iMac i7.

Downloading now...

EDIT: bah, you win :p

baryon

macrumors 68040
Oct 3, 2009
Damn it's about time! This thing is my last resort before reformatting my mac!

rikers_mailbox

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2003
LA-la-land
hold on to your hats! this will be an interesting week. I think we'll see MacPro, MacBook Pro updates along side the iPad release. and 10.6.3 is the first in a wave of s/w updates.

BaronStein

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2010
NY
Now we can see new mbp's either this or next week, most probably next week though, or April 13th in the worst scenario. Yeah, definitely...

jjahshik32

macrumors 603
Sep 4, 2006
This in no way implies new MacBook Pros tomorrow. They'd be all packaged up already, unable to update the software.

BTW, wonder if this works on my Hackintosh? :confused:

What are you talking about. If the new macbook pros are released tomorrow it will already come with 10.6.3.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.