Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

the phiLL

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2010
So I have a jailbroken iPhone 3G. It has always worked perfectly until recently. When I receive texts from friends, every once in awhile (probably every 4th text or so), the SMS will be received but instead of displaying the SMS from my friend, it will display a PREVIOUS MMS that I'VE sent from a couple weeks or months ago.

So I can't read my friends SMS messages bc it displays as an old MMS of my own. This is so frustrating asking my friends to RE-TEXT stuff every 3rd or 4th text. This is so weird. I tried searching but found other stuff about MMS texts, but nothing about this odd receiving error.

Thanks in advance.

the phiLL

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2010
Are you updated to the latest carrier settings?
You might also want to give AT&T a call and tell them what its doing. Maybe they can reset your messaging settings.

Yeah, I just updated to the latest carrier settings yesterday to see if that was the fix, but nope, the first 2 texts today were old MMS's I had sent. It looks like I'll have to call AT&T then. I was hoping I wasn't the only one with this problem, but it looks like it. Thanks for your help!

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Good luck bro.
I had a similar issue where sometimes they would come thru and other times they wouldnt.
I think it was an issue on AT&T's side and once they reset it thru their side it worked fine since.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.