Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Mar 30, 2010, 01:26 PM   #1
porterusaf
macrumors member

Running OSX Server behind NAT (no control over NAT)

My apartments currently provide internet access to the entire apartment complex via a few T1 lines that are split behind to each apartment building but administered by the Internet company providing the lines.

My problem is I'd like to run a OSX Server, but I have no access or control over the NAT that the ISP is running at the apartments. So I know my IP address for the entire apartment complex, but accessing any services I'm hosting isn't possible...

Anyone have any solutions? Possibly a third party software or website? I don't think Dynamic DNS services would fix my problem.

Note: I have no problem connecting to other network services from inside the NAT controlled network (ex. file sharing (including uploading), skype, etc etc)
porterusaf is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2010, 02:56 PM   #2
corbywan
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to corbywan
I seems to me you need configuration control over the router doing the NAT. Does the apartment management have any kind of contact person for these kinds of requests?

It could very well be that running a server on your connection is a use violation with the ISP/apartments and you might be stuck, unless you somehow get/pay for another dedicated kind of connection in your pad (DSL, cable, something like that).
corbywan is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking