Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Mar 31, 2010, 08:05 PM   #1
paolo-
macrumors 6502a

Name of this piano/keyboard

I recently visited my friend's gf place and they had this really weird keyboard I'm looking to find what it is.

It had 88 keys (maybe 72 or something don't remember if it started on a C but it had a fullsize keyboard). I'd date it from around the seventies. It's marked baldwin. The cabinet is made out of wood, has the keyboard at a standard piano height and is only a foot deeper than the keyboard and the whole thing is only as high as the keyboard, kind of like a Rhodes. Under the keyboard there was what appeared to be a speaker grill. It had a switch on the front indicating speaker or headphone and obviously a headphone jack and it plugs straight into the wall. It wasn't plugged in when I was there but I played it and it made an audible sound, it wasn't loud but sounded pretty much like a piano.

She's moving soon and told me they never used it and got it handed down. I'm guessing I could probably get free or for a fair price. A couple of keys got stuck and I have no idea what shape the electronics (or should I just say electricals) are but it could be a nice project.

Any ideas what this is called ?
paolo- is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2010, 02:36 PM   #2
Arrandale
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by paolo- View Post
I recently visited my friend's gf place and they had this really weird keyboard I'm looking to find what it is.

It had 88 keys (maybe 72 or something don't remember if it started on a C but it had a fullsize keyboard). I'd date it from around the seventies. It's marked baldwin. The cabinet is made out of wood, has the keyboard at a standard piano height and is only a foot deeper than the keyboard and the whole thing is only as high as the keyboard, kind of like a Rhodes. Under the keyboard there was what appeared to be a speaker grill. It had a switch on the front indicating speaker or headphone and obviously a headphone jack and it plugs straight into the wall. It wasn't plugged in when I was there but I played it and it made an audible sound, it wasn't loud but sounded pretty much like a piano.

She's moving soon and told me they never used it and got it handed down. I'm guessing I could probably get free or for a fair price. A couple of keys got stuck and I have no idea what shape the electronics (or should I just say electricals) are but it could be a nice project.

Any ideas what this is called ?
need a picture
Arrandale is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2010, 03:52 PM   #3
hakukani
macrumors regular

According to this site, Baldwin made an 'electropro' and 'electropiano' back in the 70s. It was struck string, with piezo pickups.

edit: Does it look like this?
hakukani is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2010, 12:12 PM   #4
paolo-
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakukani View Post
According to this site, Baldwin made an 'electropro' and 'electropiano' back in the 70s. It was struck string, with piezo pickups.

edit: Does it look like this?
Wow yeah, that's pretty much it. Probably just a different model, the wood is darker and the controls are under the keyboard.

Are they really worth that much? I'll keep you posted if I can get it!
paolo- is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio