Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Apr 2, 2010, 10:44 PM   #1
MykullMyerz
macrumors 6502

Will iTunes erase everything if I synch my iPhone with a new library?

Well, I just did a clean install of Snow Leopard on my Mac and now I want to sync my iPhone with iTunes. However when I try to sync it, it asks me if I want to erase everything on my iPhone and sync it with this library. I do want to do this but what I want to know is, will the sync just effect my music, photos, movies and apps or will it also erase my contacts, text messages, notes, etc? If so, is there anything I can do to preserve those things before I sync my phone.

P.S. I made a complete clone of my previous HD on an external, so if there's anything I need to import and/or restore, I should be able to.
MykullMyerz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2010, 10:46 PM   #2
celticpride678

This will remove all content on your iPhone. Whatever is backed up in iTunes (Music, Videos, Podcasts etc.) will be restored.
celticpride678 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone