Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Apr 3, 2010, 01:14 AM   #1
medicscott
Banned

remove activator??

so i see that lockinfo has installed 'activator' on my iphone.....went to try and remove, but it says it will not only remove activator but lockinfo and another one i think...how can i just remove activator guys? thx
medicscott is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2010, 04:37 AM   #2
pixelated
macrumors 6502a

GET RID OF IT?!?! thats crazy man, its only just the coolest tool for the iphone yet.
Among other things to free up some memory i just shake my phone for fricks sake,
pixelated is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2010, 04:58 AM   #3
medicscott
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelated View Post
GET RID OF IT?!?! thats crazy man, its only just the coolest tool for the iphone yet.
Among other things to free up some memory i just shake my phone for fricks sake,
ok...now im interested! i just tried to set this up...no luck...i went into 'anywhere', shake device...nothing about freeing mem..help!
Old Apr 3, 2010, 05:23 AM   #4
pixelated
macrumors 6502a

Its a add-on called MemoryTap in cydia that lets you assign an activator gesture to it.
the amount of actions it can do(activator) is amazing, can launch almost any app, category, individual ipod commands, app switchers, and all for free!
pixelated is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2010, 09:14 AM   #5
medicscott
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelated View Post
Its a add-on called MemoryTap in cydia that lets you assign an activator gesture to it.
the amount of actions it can do(activator) is amazing, can launch almost any app, category, individual ipod commands, app switchers, and all for free!
cant find in cydia...what repo?

edit: found in ashman repo...thanks!

Last edited by medicscott; Apr 3, 2010 at 09:21 AM. Reason: found repo
Old Apr 3, 2010, 09:38 AM   #6
thelatinist
macrumors 603

Activator is a great new tool which will be required by more and more jailbreak apps. What it does is create a single memory-resident tool for activating jailbreak apps with a variety of gestures, button presses, etc. This way each application does not have to run in memory and include its own (possibly conflicting) code to recognize gestures, button presses, etc. It actually saves memory this way because it can eliminate the need for extra daemons.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks