Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which store are you going to?

• Bath

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Brighton

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Bristol

• Exeter

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Bluewater

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Kingston

• London Regent Street

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • London White City

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • London Brent Cross

• Southampton

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Hove

• Bournemouth

• Chichester

• Guildford

• Woking

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

carlosbutler

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Since there are no where near as many stores in the UK I thought of doing this. Although here is one for Regent's Street.

Here are all the retail stores for the area:
Bath, SouthGate
Brighton, Churchill Square
Bristol, Cabot Circus and Cribbs Causeway
Exeter, Princesshay
Grays, Essex, Lakeside
Greenhithe, Bluewater, Kent
Kingston upon Thames, Highcross
London, White City, Brent Cross
Southampton, WestQuay

Also, authorised retailers (that I know of):
Brighton, solutions-inc
Hove, solutions-inc
Bournemouth, solutions-inc
Chichester, solutions-inc
Guildford, solutions-inc
Woking, iStore

I might go to Regent's Street, or closer for me and better, Woking or Guildford. By the way, the Woking store (if anyone is from Surrey) is opening 10th April, where everything in store is 10% off :D

MecPro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2009
London
It's getting exciting isn't it! I will 100% get mine from Regent's Street only because I'll be taking snaps for a friends site.:D:apple:

carlosbutler

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Well I like the Regent's Street store, also selected it in the vote, but it about £20 for return ticket and underground from Woking station and thats pretty expensive for a 30 minute train journey.

epo

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2009
Call me confused but ...

Apple's UK website says it is coming out late April, isn't this a bit early (or are people talking about late April?)

carlosbutler

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
This is simply chit chat for when ever it is released - regardless of the date

PhantomZone

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2009
I'm off to Lakeside with all the chavs. I'm hoping none of them know what an iPad is and there'll be no queues. ;)

Oh they'll know what one is alright...they'll be waiting for you leaving the store with yours so they can relieve you of it :eek:

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
I wouldn't bet on it. Southampton's only a couple of hours drive away from Lakeside in a second-hand BMW :D

sassenach74

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2008
Spain
I've voted for Southampton, but I'd prefer to get it online. Southampton is my nearest Apple store though. Actually thinking about it, I've never even been in a proper Apple store, maybe I'll make it a first time.

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
Hmm, Solutions-inc? I think I might pre-order! Or maybe Southampton store - but that's always busy.

carlosbutler

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Yeah I had seen that - must be annoying for everyone who wanted to buy it in April, I on the other hand am to much of a poor student to splash out on one... until I get my student loan :p

ParishYoung

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2008
Bristol, South West UK
I'm heading to one of the Bristol store's. Depends which one opens earliest I suppose.

Ideally I'd like to go to the Mall, Cribbs Causeway, but as it's in a Mall I may have to go to Cabot instead. That being said they have done midnight openings for the likes of Harry Potter and Call Of Duty so maybe for the iPad will be the same.

Would love to meet up with some of you guys if you're going to queue.

Can't wait!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.