Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NatronB

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2002
I'm looking to buy a 20"-26" LCD display for my cramped studio apartment. Requirements:

-Needs to be able to be pushed by a 12" PB G4 Rev. A
-Needs 2 Component inputs for XBox and Prog Scan DVD
-Need TV tuner for TiVo

Does anyone know a model that'll fit my needs? Am I asking too much? Bueller?

Thanks,

-Nate

edit- plus it needs a VESA mount, thanks

crazzyeddie

macrumors 68030
Dec 7, 2002
Florida, USA
I think I found the perfect thing...

Dell's LCD TV Displays

The 26" model has incredible contrast... 500:1 even tops all of Apple's offerings by almost 50%. I think thats the perfect thing, although I don't know if you can mount it...

Edit: you can mount it, with a sold-separately mounting kit.

crazzyeddie

macrumors 68030
Dec 7, 2002
Florida, USA
I just did some more investigation, and it turns out that the Dell has VGA for the computer, as well as HDMI (probably audio-only version) and PC audio in.

Then for your other components: 2 Component, Composite, S-Video and Audio

The only downside I can see is the refresh time: 25ms.

Edit: turns out Dell lists their specs wrong. Its not a DVI-CE (HDMI) port, but rather a full DVI port.

NatronB

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2002
Dell 26"

Wow. Thanks.

I obviously have a moral objection with Dell products, but I think I could suck it up.

Now, my PB would only be able to push that monster at the maximum 1280 x 768, no (which I believe is the same as my 17" widescreen)? So, everything would just be obnoxiously big, right?

I could deal with that,

Thanks again,

-Nate

crazzyeddie

macrumors 68030
Dec 7, 2002
Florida, USA
One of the other threads just brought this HP 23" LCD TV to my attention. Although it looks like that link won't work... just go into HP and search for f2304 23". It has a resolution of 1920x1200, which is quite a bit nicer than the Dell, but the price is also higher at $1,999.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
crazzyeddie said:
One of the other threads just brought this HP 23" LCD TV to my attention. Although it looks like that link won't work... just go into HP and search for f2304 23". It has a resolution of 1920x1200, which is quite a bit nicer than the Dell, but the price is also higher at $1,999.
That's not an LCD TV, it's an LCD monitor, hence the high resolution; there is a difference. The only way to watch TV on that thing is with external tuners that are able to hook up to one of the monitors inputs.

The Past

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2004
United States
I am in a similar situation. I ordered my dual 2.5 and have no money left for the Apple 23" display. Dell is offering one with 3 year coverage for under 1500. Is it worth it? I have seen one in a hotel room (it was set up on the wall to watch TV while in the tub) but it was playing TV and not hooked to OS X. Has anyone seen these as monitors?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.