Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Apr 3, 2010, 10:57 AM   #1
asdewqasdfgh
macrumors newbie

Phonic Firefly 302 interface recording issues.

i just got a phonic firefly 302 firewire interface (as a gift) and i cant figure out how to get any sound recorded. its plugged in via firewire, but i have also tried it using the dc adapter. its recognizing sound becuase the light lights up on the interface when i make noise. and i can hear sound played back through headfones or audio monitors becuase i switched all the audio settings to be through the firefly but i cant record with it. im using logic pro 8 but not even garageband will work with it. please help.
asdewqasdfgh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2010, 11:21 AM   #2
jackerin
macrumors 6502a

You have your real instrument track set up with the right audio input in GB?
jackerin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2010, 11:50 PM   #3
ChrisA
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdewqasdfgh View Post
i just got a phonic firefly 302 firewire interface (as a gift) and i cant figure out how to get any sound recorded.....
You need to tell us what you've done in huge detail. Have you selected the the correct interface?
ChrisA is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2010, 11:59 AM   #4
asdewqasdfgh
macrumors newbie

yes yes i selected the correct interface within Logic, which is what i am using. i tried the same in garageband, still nothing. i want to get it to work with logic, i selected the firefly as the interface, and i can hear the audio when i play it back, but it will not record any sound. im not TOO incredibly new to recording, ive used a line 6 tone port for a while to learn the basics. i did everything i normally do with the tone port but i just switched the interface to the firefly and it wont work.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 12:03 PM   #5
asdewqasdfgh
macrumors newbie

i know the computer and the firefly are communicating because of the audio playback through the monitors i have plugged into the firefly, and the signal light lights up when i make noise into the microphone. i have seen around that others have had the same issue and people have said to download the ff302 control panel, i did, but not sure what that is supposed to do to help.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 12:11 PM   #6
asdewqasdfgh
macrumors newbie

i noticed that in the audio midi setup utility, the input and the output levels for the firefly were both all the way down and faded out so i cannot change them, like i could with the tone port. i attached a picture if logic and the audio midi setup if it helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.png
Views:	166
Size:	233.1 KB
ID:	220786  
Old Apr 4, 2010, 01:29 PM   #7
jackerin
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdewqasdfgh View Post
yes yes i selected the correct interface within Logic, which is what i am using. i tried the same in garageband, still nothing.
Ok. How about You have your real instrument track set up with the right audio input in GB?
jackerin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2010, 01:57 PM   #8
asdewqasdfgh
macrumors newbie

ok i just tried it in garageband, i recorded for about 20 seconds and still no sound recorded. i could hear the metronome through the speakers though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 2.png
Views:	86
Size:	281.4 KB
ID:	220795  

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio