Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

frunkis54

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 2, 2009
i must say after playing with it for the last half hour it is incredible. the only thing so far i don'l like is looking at iphone apps. i just tried the mobile me gallery and did the 2x pic's look terrirble.

AppleMary

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2010
i must say after playing with it for the last half hour it is incredible. the only thing so far i don'l like is looking at iphone apps. i just tried the mobile me gallery and did the 2x pic's look terrirble.

Yeah they need to be optimized for the iPad--give it a few weeks.

cualexander

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2006
Charlotte, NC
I agree. Unless I have to use one, I avoid iPhone apps like the plague. It's like using windows 3.1 apps after migrating to Windows 95. They work, but you'd rather not.

bluehaze013

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2007
Deleted All my iPhone apps and will wait for the iPad versions they really are terrible looking lol

shakenmartini

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2008
Yes iPhone apps are butt ugly.

However iPhone games scream like a banshee in the iPad compared to my iPhone 3G.

I have a feeling apps that do not go universal will be VERY unpopular In a hurry.

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
Honestly, i didn't think they looked that bad... Not GOOD but not terrible either. Looks like they could use a little more filtering of some sort, but i was satisfied with non text heavy iPhone apps on my iPad (games and whatnot).

Abyssgh0st

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2009
Colorado
I totally agree. I know people would have thrown a hissyfit, but Apple should have never allowed iPhone applications and stay away from these grossly unattractive 2x nonsense. From the way that they toted it, I figured that it would be more impressive than this.

C'mon devs, let's get those optimizations out!

GermanSuplex

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2009
Yeah, I was under the impression that there would be some sort of upscaling going on rather than just simply stretching the app out. It'll do for now. They do look less than stellar, but Apple and developers are really getting these optimized apps out pretty fast, so i'm not too worried about it.

shakenmartini

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2008
I totally agree. I know people would have thrown a hissyfit, but Apple should have never allowed iPhone applications and stay away from these grossly unattractive 2x nonsense. From the way that they toted it, I figured that it would be more impressive than this.

C'mon devs, let's get those optimizations out!

I think apple did this on purpose to allow it to work, but to make it just not good enough to prod devs into building new apps specifically for iPad.

It just reeks of apple being deliberate since everything else on the iPad is so well executed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.