Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

msduncan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 27, 2010
We all know we do it. We go to work Monday ready to show the world and our friends the glory of the iPad. so let's start listing the apps you found today that really showcases this device.

iBooks
Marvel Comics
Netflix

How about you guys? What have you found? Let's help each other know what to buy out there to really show this thing off!

pimentoLoaf

macrumors 68000
Dec 30, 2001
The SimCity Deli
Sketchbook Pro from Autodesk

Hands down winner in the eye-candy department. Full blown natural media drawing package that utterly blows away the competition. Has a "synthetic" pressure sensitivity mode to layer more (or less) color for a given tool. It even supports multiple layers.

Über-cool.

TeeJayEm

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2008
I really love the USA today app. The 2nd favorite is the CBS application.

Edit: I forgot about the espn app.

msduncan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 27, 2010
I think he means ABC, and I'm definitely going to try out the Sketchbook Pro app. I would consider Elements, but dang that's expensive for a book I have little interest in.

Kenal0

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2007
Definitely USA Today, I hope more periodicals take note as to how this one is done.

Kenal0

msduncan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 27, 2010
Anyone tried:

Scrabble?
Need for Speed?
Time Magazine?
Popular Mechanics?

I'm really trying to hold out on these magazines until after they really get their groove on as far as integrated video and interactivity.

Anthony1987

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2009
- Spawn Lite (an iPhone app, but it looks fantastic on the iPad. Kind of like a music visualizer you control.)
- WarpGate by Freeverse has AMAZING graphics and is a very fun space rpg/strategy game. Everyone I've showed it too was impressed.
- Weatherbug Elite looks really cool when you bring it up with their animated radar and all the detailed info

neutrinosllc

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2008
Showcase with Rock Show the concert posters app

Thought I would throw our hat in here.

If you want to show off the gorgeous display of the iPad and you like music, you should download Rock Show.

Rock Show is a free app that lets you check out original limited edition posters. The full screen views of these posters look awesome, and with the variety of bands we have you are bound to fine something you dig.

Here is the link to download it: http://bit.ly/cSC5ut

You can check out full details and more screenshots in our announce thread.

klrobinson999

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2008
iBooks

Netflix

Elements (just awesome!)

ABC

Marvel

Scrabble

Pages (since they'll want to know)

National Geographic World Atlas

iTunes (love, love the iPad version)

Weather Channel

iMDB (very nice)

Epicurious (ditto)

USAToday

Popular Mechanics

dissdnt

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2007
Anyone using Things? i don't see any support to export a list ie to mail etc. Am i missing something.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.