Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MugsyMD

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2008
Somewhere in the World
My Audiobooks with a playlist called Audiobook builder does NOT show when I have the IPad hooked to itunes - and no matter what I do - I can NOT download my audiobooks that I build from Audiobooks builder. It works with my Itouch - but not my IPad....
Please help.

avaloncourt

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2007
Do they have the right extension? The audiobooks need an extension of .m4b to be recognized by iTunes.

eldervovichka

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2008
Queen Creek, AZ
iPad is not syncing my Audiobooks

I relisten to several audiobooks bought from iTunes on my iPod and iPhone, but it is not working from my iPad. If someone knows what I am doing wrong please let me know.

Apple please fix soon if it is not my fault.

Jeff

eldervovichka

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2008
Queen Creek, AZ
Found the Answer

We have to go to the new Books tab on the iTunes iPad sync page and scroll to the bottom and select Audio Book. The music tab is just the the Playlists????

I hope this helps!

Jeff

ptsube

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2008
Any books with a .aa(Audible) or .M4B(iTunes, Audiobook Builder) extension must be managed through the books tab now. Even if you have playlist set up under your music tab and select the playlist to sync it won't sync unless the same playlist is selected under the books tab. Quite lame! It caused me a lot of headaches. When Apple changes something like this, they should have a little pop up come up when you try to sync an audiobook stating this change.

I would like to have the last few hours of my life back. If Jobs is really God, then that shouldn't be a problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.