Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xolan99

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
I apologize for the dumb question but I'm trying to figure out if I'm doing something wrong:

I bought the official Apple iPad case and was curious about how to insert the darn thing.

I put it in the sleeve but with that middle flap sticking out. Is that what it's supposed to do? I tried tucking it under the iPad but then the cover wouldn't close right.

tttexxan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2007
I apologize for the dumb question but I'm trying to figure out if I'm doing something wrong:

I bought the official Apple iPad case and was curious about how to insert the darn thing.

I put it in the sleeve but with that middle flap sticking out. Is that what it's supposed to do? I tried tucking it under the iPad but then the cover wouldn't close right.

You have to tuck it under and the cover should close right

demiurgical

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2007
NYC
tuck it under the iPad as shown on the illustration printed on the plastic bag. I love the apple case more than I thought I would :)

jimthegreek

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2008
I too purchased the apple case. Does anyone have the same issue as me where the bottom speaker opening on the case doesn't exactly line up with the speakers on the iPad?

Damitri

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2007
New York, NY
I too purchased the apple case. Does anyone have the same issue as me where the bottom speaker opening on the case doesn't exactly line up with the speakers on the iPad?

Yes I have that same problem with my case. Kind of sucks as it does really affect the sound quality.

oli356

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2010
I can't even touch the volume buttons.

What a waste of money

20101203113710.jpg

oli356

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2010
They just seem really far in, its loosened up a bit but a pain to put the iPad in and out.

The mute switch is the worst, trying to flick it down, not easy.

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
I can't even touch the volume buttons.

What a waste of money

20101203113710.jpg

Mine looks nothing like that.

Looks wrong to me.

I'd sent it back, it looks like it's been made wrong. And get a new replacement.

oli356

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2010
I was thinking it could be screen protector/skin on the screen and skin on the bottom what is stopping it go to the very end.. Not quite sure.

But I would expect this to be more in the centre
03122010726.jpg

Pic with the flap down
03122010727.jpg

Can't return it as it was bought on black Friday so had a discount, but can get one for a faulty item if I ring up this number costing me like 15p per minute.

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
It almost looks as though the iPad is not in their right.

Perhaps the plastic welding is out of alignment on the case.

On my one, the iPad sits perfectly and the seam, that you show at the bottom is in the middle.

Let me explain better.

The cut out is in the middle of the welded plastic seam

And the seam is dead central to the iPad buttons, not over one side as you show.

As you 1st photo shows (the bottom connector)

The side buttons cutout and seams should be central in the same way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.